Hardcore Sledder banner

161 - 180 of 290 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
I had all 4 shocks ordered through walker evans. I cancelled the order. I initially was told 3-4 weeks max. Its been 7 weeks and when I called for an update on the order I was told the guy that does them was gone to diluth for snocross and they would be getting to them sometime soon but had alot going on. Didnt sound too optimistic. I ordered a full set of raptor kinetic series, 2 weeks build time and a 10% off black friday sale. The original raptors have awesome reviews and the kinetic series are reviewed to be night and day better than the originals. Cant wait to try them out. A little more money but was emailing back and forth last night at 10:30pm about the shocks so customer service is there. Ill post review once I get some seat time. Seems like a nice option, more money than the walkers but less than the axis or elka shocks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Most have already ordered, but if you order an iron dog Indy rts you will be very happy. It is a hi/lo and valved better than stock Indy shock. As far as the name velocity goes, it does not refer to where the reservoir is on the shock body. Any shock with a needle is a velocity shock. Simply put moving the reservoir gives a larger sweat spot. The needle is still what slows the bottoming. The reservoir has some part in this also but needle is biggest factor. I have hi/lo ifs, hi/lo fts and velocity iron dog rts on my two assaults and same on Indy except hi/lo adjuster added to factory fts. All work well but assaults ride best.
So what rts do you have? Custom made, custom valving? Part number?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
So what rts do you have? Custom made, custom valving? Part number?
The Indy and the 19 assault both have WE iron dog velocity shock with hi/lo adjuster and 18 assault has the stock Indy shock with hi/lo adjuster added to it. If you order one just tell Chris at WE you want the Iron dog RTS for the Indy. They have probably changed part number for this year anyway but mine say prototype where they usually have part number. If you have any problems pm me and I can set you up. By the way the iron dog assault shock works noticeably better than stock Indy shock with hi/lo added to it. Other than that the 18 & 19 assaults are exactly the same set up and the 19 rides better.

·
Registered
513 Posts
The Indy and the 19 assault both have WE iron dog velocity shock with hi/lo adjuster and 18 assault has the stock Indy shock with hi/lo adjuster added to it. If you order one just tell Chris at WE you want the Iron dog RTS for the Indy. They have probably changed part number for this year anyway but mine say prototype where they usually have part number. If you have any problems pm me and I can set you up. By the way the iron dog assault shock works noticeably better than stock Indy shock with hi/lo added to it. Other than that the 18 & 19 assaults are exactly the same set up and the 19 rides better.
The part number for the shocks on the assaults are all the same(18-20) Cant find any info on a hi/lo adjustment for the assaults unless those shocks were added after the fact.

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
Babbit's Polaris Parts is having a 20% off all OEM parts till 12/31
I just ordered the 2020 XCR RTS WE Velocity from them for $501. It's the 2" shaft model with XCR L/H speed adjuster and valving. I'm going to keep the RTS from Walker Evans on order. This way I can test their valving vs the XCR valving.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Walker Evans delivery time update

Ordered RTS on 10/29/19. Invoiced me for my order when it shipped, 11/26/19. Received via fed ex ground 12/02/19. Total price to my door including shipping was $443.53.

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
Babbit's just informed me...no WE RTS Velocity shocks until mid Jan. Showed in stock in my cart. Guess Babbit's doesn't stock much...everything comes directly from Polaris. Now I'm waiting like the rest of you.... :(
I did hear that WE was effected by the wildfires. As well as overwhelmed by orders. Talked to Josh at WE...he said they have many requests for the "Lenn shock", lol.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Talked to Josh at WE...he said they have many requests for the "Lenn shock", lol.
I just joined the Assault world, still waiting to for my maiden voyage.... After reading through all this, I find my self thinking, "Should I just order the Lenn Setup right away?" HAHA. Based off the order statuses people have posted, Ill have to get a good feel for how it rides and then after the season, get shock and springs ordered!

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
Babbit's just informed me...no WE RTS Velocity shocks until mid Jan. Showed in stock in my cart. Guess Babbit's doesn't stock much...everything comes directly from Polaris. Now I'm waiting like the rest of you.... :(
I did hear that WE was effected by the wildfires. As well as overwhelmed by orders. Talked to Josh at WE...he said they have many requests for the "Lenn shock", lol.
The 7045297 is what you tried to order Lenn? How would the 7044819 compare? The 4819 is the one you used last year correct?

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
The 7045297 is what you tried to order Lenn? How would the 7044819 compare? The 4819 is the one you used last year correct?
Just reading this, lol, you read my mind. Just ordered the 4819 RTS from my dealer this afternoon thanks to the advice from another HCS member. They had 1 left in the warehouse. I was trying to upgrade to the XCR shock to see if performed better but this will have to do until the XCR RTS shock is available.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
I just joined the Assault world, still waiting to for my maiden voyage.... After reading through all this, I find my self thinking, "Should I just order the Lenn Setup right away?" HAHA. Based off the order statuses people have posted, Ill have to get a good feel for how it rides and then after the season, get shock and springs ordered!
Ride it a season, then you have something to compare it to... Personally I passed on ordering in September because I didn't want to put the $ into my 17 which I planned on trading next season, then of course I stumbled into a good deal on a snowcheck that someone passed on... Now you can't get a damn shock until basically next season...

I did however also make a sweet deal on a leftover 19 Indy XC for my wife so I plan on a few comparison rides this winter! Hoping to see first hand if that Velocity RTS is worth the $500 bill....

·
Registered
425 Posts
2016 assault

2016 800 Assault My wife rides this most of the time. She is 130 LBS I am 185 LBS. The RTS bottoms way to easy. We have 3K miles on it I just pulled all the shocks to have them serviced I will get them revalved to be a little stiffer. Is their a Polaris spring that is a little stiffer? Part number? Do I need a stiffer spring or can I accomplish everything with Valving?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Ordered the new setup yesterday, velocity shock and lighter torsions. 2-3 weeks on the shock. Hope it's as good as you guys say it is! Put 3500 miles on my 18' and now 200 on my 2020 850. Both decent in larger moguls but plushness in the less than 1' trail chop is what I'm after.

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
Ordered the new setup yesterday, velocity shock and lighter torsions. 2-3 weeks on the shock. Hope it's as good as you guys say it is! Put 3500 miles on my 18' and now 200 on my 2020 850. Both decent in larger moguls but plushness in the less than 1' trail chop is what I'm after.
Welcome to the club. Make sure to post the results once you get it set up and some miles on. You'll be "shocked" at the difference.

161 - 180 of 290 Posts