Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 40 of 290 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
So I can order rear shock for indy xc and it will fit bolt-on on my SBA 850? Well if that's the case I'm going to my dealer on Friday and get price on shock and soft springs
I can't order from W. E when I live in Sweden and the taxes and shipping cost is to expensive.
I would be interested on the price in Sweden. In Finland the prices are so high that it makes more sense to buy Totaltek instead.

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
So I can order rear shock for indy xc and it will fit bolt-on on my SBA 850? Well if that's the case I'm going to my dealer on Friday and get price on shock and soft springs
I can't order from W. E when I live in Sweden and the taxes and shipping cost is to expensive.
Yes, you can order it from your dealer.
Torsion spring part numbers are:
left: 7041627-067
right: 7041628-067
You'll have to have them look up the part number for the Indy XC RTS. Good luck!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would be interested on the price in Sweden. In Finland the prices are so high that it makes more sense to buy Totaltek instead.
I let you know what's they cost here in Sweden on Friday i hope do totaltek sell rear damper for Polaris assault?

Skickat från min Lenovo TB-X704F via Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
I let you know what's they cost here in Sweden on Friday i hope do totaltek sell rear damper for Polaris assault?

Skickat från min Lenovo TB-X704F via Tapatalk
Yes it is in 2018 catalog: 1100 eur. Higher price is because it is PDS version. Total length 492mm. Old 144” has 425mm long damper with price of 990eur. I have not idea how much you can get off of the catalog price.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm really having a hard time understanding why the WE's that come on the SBA's aren't giving you everything you need. I can fully understand changing the spring if your sag settings aren't correct & revalving if you are not getting full stroke or bottoming.

I've done s lot of tuning on road & dirt motorcycle racing and absolutely understand how high low settings work but I'm just not buying into needing a high low setting for a 50/50 sled? If you ran on frozen solid trails in a CC race situation... maybe?

I think you can set up the WE with proper torsion springs to achieve the same results & again if that doesn't get you there & you have done testing ( measuring stroke ) on different conditions then get them revalved.

For disclosure I'm absolutely not beyond adding things for the sake of having something to play with / the best, but seeing guys adding this when they haven't sorted out the stock WE...?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I'm really having a hard time understanding why the WE's that come on the SBA's aren't giving you everything you need. I can fully understand changing the spring if your sag settings aren't correct & revalving if you are not getting full stroke or bottoming.

I've done s lot of tuning on road & dirt motorcycle racing and absolutely understand how high low settings work but I'm just not buying into needing a high low setting for a 50/50 sled? If you ran on frozen solid trails in a CC race situation... maybe?

I think you can set up the WE with proper torsion springs to achieve the same results & again if that doesn't get you there & you have done testing ( measuring stroke ) on different conditions then get them revalved.

For disclosure I'm absolutely not beyond adding things for the sake of having something to play with / the best, but seeing guys adding this when they haven't sorted out the stock WE...?

Don’t buy them. Some of us are looking for the next level that’s all. You cannot make the stock shocks work as well as hi/lo adjustable shocks period.

·
Registered
948 Posts

These are guy's that have rode walkers hard and a ton on SBA for years. They rode the Bypass Velocity shocks last spring and instantly recognized a head and shoulders difference for the better, that's why.
Plain and simple.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I think the parts that having me scratch my head is when I hear you are making spring & shock changes. If the torsion spring rate is not correct for stock it won't be correct for the HL & should be sorted first.

I would associate HL settings more with fine traction / being able to keep the power to the ground in a race condition and not comfort.

I was hoping to see some data / information where you are checking shock travel.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I think the parts that having me scratch my head is when I hear you are making spring & shock changes. If the torsion spring rate is not correct for stock it won't be correct for the HL & should be sorted first.

I would associate HL settings more with fine traction / being able to keep the power to the ground in a race condition and not comfort.

I was hoping to see some data / information where you are checking shock travel.
When it bottoms too much I crank it up a notch.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The price here in Sweden is to high approximately 815$ for just the rear damper..... The prices on aftermarket products are nuts and not in par with shocks made here in Sweden/Scandinavia it's cheaper for me with Öhlins rear damper then Indy xc RTS :(

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
My daughter Brooke and I just got back from riding the last 4 days on our sleds. She rides my '18 Assault 800 and I'm on my new Indy XC 850. Walker Evans RTS update:
Brooke and I switched sleds quite often during this trip. The new RTS has completely transformed the ride of the Assault. It's so good now that it almost rides as good as the Indy XC. Still has the same handling and weight transfer as before, just without the stiff ride. Can't believe Polaris didn't go with this shock in the 1st place. Absolutely the best upgrade you can do for the Assault. Side note: I got my RTS Velocity shock directly from WE. It's got the low/hi speed adjuster. The Indy XC RTS does not.

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
So how do you think it will go if only changing the to the Velocity RTS and lighter springs? Stock W/E front shocks & FTS.

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
So lighter torsion springs are a must?

Yes, you must use the lighter springs to take full advantage of the Velocity shock. (Indy XC is set up like this.) I'm running the springs on the lowest setting and still can't bottom out the rear. The ride is so much better. Amazingly better.

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
So how do you think it will go if only changing the to the Velocity RTS and lighter springs? Stock W/E front shocks & FTS.

Stock shocks everywhere else except for RTS and lighter torsion springs. That's the secret ingredient. Just make sure you get the Velocity shock from WE. I told them my weight and NOT to overdue the dampening. It seems perfect the way they sent it. They sent me WE Velocity shocks for the front of my Indy XC. I sent them back after 1 ride for re-valving. Way too friggin stiff! My front suspension hardly moved! I had told them the same info. They just through in race valving and sent them. Called Jeff @ WE and he is taking care of them at no cost. I'll report the results after I get them back. If they work, I'll put them on the Assault also.

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
No part number...order directly from Walker Evans.

Call Jeff:
Jeff Dillon
Walker Evans Enterprises

Tell him I sent you.
Called to order one this morning. Jeff Dillon is no longer there.
Spoke with a guy Chris. Says its part# 7044819 Same as Indy XC.
Had them add the Hi/Lo adjuster. $425 plus shipping. 3 weeks out.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Can’t wait to try both my Indy and my assault (19s) with that shock. I have springs for assault but haven’t swapped them yet. I also have an 18 assault that I put stock Indy shock in after swapping stock clicker for a hi/lo clicker. Going to try one with springs and one without. Guys just don’t believe how much of an improvement these things are. Thanks for feed back and I will do same if I ever get to ride!
On the bold. Have you compared the two yet?

21 - 40 of 290 Posts