Hardcore Sledder banner

281 - 290 of 290 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
I’ve been trying to follow this thread, but I cannot get it all to add up. I got the torsion spring thing down.

In a very short reply, what is the RTS shock of choice today for my 800 SBA exactly and who do I contact.

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #282
LOL, long thread, lots of different opinions. I'm currently running the WE Indy Velocity shock with the High/Low adjusters on my 2018 800 Assault with the softer springs. Works great. Contact Josh @ WE. Just google Walker Evans, it will come up.
I'm running the WE Iron Dog Velocity RTS with softer springs in my 2020 Assault 850. Best RTS to date but much more money. I weigh 255 with gear.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I’ve been trying to follow this thread, but I cannot get it all to add up. I got the torsion spring thing down.

In a very xshort reply, what is the RTS shock of choice today for my 800 SBA exactly and who do I contact.
As Lenn said, call walker Evans and ask for iron dog rts. There is no part number just tell them iron dog rts for Indy And they will set u up. Lenn talks with josh and I deal with Chris. If you can’t get ahold of them pm me and I can get u one.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Thanks guys. While I would love the Iron Dog, my 2017 does not illicit a highly expensive RTS, so I think I will opt to check on the Indy Velocity. I'll check with WE direct then. Thanks so much.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
What is the difference between the two besides valveing? Both have hi/lo adjustments don't they?
No the Indy shock doesn’t have hi/lo, iron dog does. Not sure exactly what is different with valving but my iron dog works better than my Indy shock that I added the hi/lo adjuster to.

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #289
What is the difference between the two besides valveing? Both have hi/lo adjustments don't they?
You can get the Hi/Lo on the standard Velocity if you order directly from WE. The Iron Dog is a larger 2" bodied shock with better internals. You WILL have to add washers to the insides of the bottom of the shock rod (#22 in diagram) to space it away from the larger Iron Dog shock if you go this route. I used to washers on the inside of each side and have no rubbing issues. Easy to do. Not needed with the standard Velocity shock.

Attachments

·
Registered
789 Posts
Checked the WE website. Velocity shocks “sold out”. Probably wait a bit and then call them up directly.

281 - 290 of 290 Posts