Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to ride Friday, Are the trails holding up or should we head north? IS there any parking in the Wakefield area?

·
Registered
929 Posts
i live in wakefield u can park at the miss wakeield dinner on 16. if we dont get any snow i wouldnt bother. the stuff we have left is all ice. we are getting rain as i speak

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Looking to ride Friday, Are the trails holding up or should we head north? IS there any parking in the Wakefield area?[/b]
JAC,

Its snowing pretty good on the OVSC (Ossipee/Tamworth/Wonalancet)and SOS trails. Yhe OVSC was out grooming Corridor 19 this morning, they groomed all the way out to Wonalancet last night and will be grooming again tonight.

Feel free to travel north to Tamworth and park your rig behind the Canoe King. Canoe King is on the right in Tamworth just north of the State Police Barracks (Troop E). You are more than welcome to park your rig in the big lot behind the Canoe King/Allsports which is also headquarters for the OVSC Club. Parking is free, they just ask that you stop in the store and say "Hi". The store opens at 9 AM, so if you head out early you can always pop in later.

In the Canoe King you can buy trail maps for the OVSC and SOS trail systems, and register any sleds and join one of several clubs if you need to. They also have a selection of sno-mo gear and can give you a quick verbal guide to the area.

Give it a shot, I'm sure you'll have a great time....looks like they could get 2 t0 4 or even more inches of new snow tonight to boot!

I'll be riding up that way myself tomorrow, perhaps we'll cross trails..... :D

·
Registered
12,141 Posts
Snowing near blizzard style here right now....has been since 1 PM....we have at least 3" already...the trails are being groomed tonight in Wonalancet (OVSC), and I am certain the SOS trails are being inspected and redirected by the 2 tuckers they have....You're in for a treat if you ride up here...

·
Registered
385 Posts
The OVSC trail cam @ 4:30 today...[/b]
Wow, thats looking 10x better than it did a few days ago after the rain hit. Really wish I could ride this weekend but I have a rehearsal dinner for a wedding.

·
Registered
12,141 Posts
It's as good right tonight as it was at the end of Feb last year. Only 1-2 open water bars on the whole system. This is gonna be a LONG sled season, it's about time!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
It's as good right tonight as it was at the end of Feb last year. Only 1-2 open water bars on the whole system. This is gonna be a LONG sled season, it's about time![/b]
I'll be up first thing in the morning! :boogieboy:

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
I'll be up first thing in the morning! :boogieboy:[/b]

me too, bringing James up so were going to park at the airstrip for a couple hours so he can ride his sled then I'll have him hop on the back for a ride, heading home in the afternoon.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Wasn’t sure about going up tomorrow because of the snow. You guys have got me pumped. Looking forward to the first time on the OVSC trails and maybe to put some faces with the names.

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Wasn’t sure about going up tomorrow because of the snow. You guys have got me pumped. Looking forward to the first time on the OVSC trails and maybe to put some faces with the names.[/b]

i'm easy to notice, renegade X with a +1 seat and legend700 on the windshield along with slednh and hcs sickers

·
Registered
87 Posts
Where is a good place to unload to ride the OVSC trails? I've never ridden in the Ossipee area but it always looks like good riding.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Where is a good place to unload to ride the OVSC trails? I've never ridden in the Ossipee area but it always looks like good riding.[/b]
Best place for security and convenience is the big (and free) parking lot behind the Canoe King, which also is the OVSC headquarters. Canoe King/Allsports Auto Racks is on 16 just over the line in Tamworth, north of the State Police Barracks and just south of White Lake State Park, which also has plenty of free parking.

Canoe King opens at 9 and Mark A. of Allsports can fix you up with registrations, club memberships, maps and plenty of free advice. They also have a wide assortment of last minute sled supplies.

From the 'King you can directly access Corridor 19 north & south, or cross Route 16 and head towards Wonalancet. You can also access nearby Scrub Oak Scrambler trails.

Great places to see, ride and enjoy!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I plan on parking at Canoe King, I also believe there is a bucket where we can contribute to the grooming fund and thank them for their hospitality. We will be on a black and blue Poo 800 and an f7 Sno pro.

·
Registered
12,141 Posts
The OVSC is deeply appreciative of the donations, and the positive comments. You might think a $10.00 donation to the groomer bucket isn't much, but it IS $10.00 more than the club had before, and it WILL be put to use in the grooming program. I think I can speak for all of us @ the OVSC when I say thank you all for ANY donation, no matter the size.

BTW, we have received 4-5" of heavy sticky snow today....the trails should be 100%. Have fun.

·
Registered
318 Posts
The OVSC is deeply appreciative of the donations, and the positive comments. You might think a $10.00 donation to the groomer bucket isn't much, but it IS $10.00 more than the club had before, and it WILL be put to use in the grooming program. I think I can speak for all of us @ the OVSC when I say thank you all for ANY donation, no matter the size.

BTW, we have received 4-5" of heavy sticky snow today....the trails should be 100%. Have fun.[/b]
Hey there OT. Im riding with my wife and kids tomorrow. Never been in that area. Will the riding be comfortable with the little ones on our sleds too?

·
Registered
12,141 Posts
Absolutely. The trails are NOT like Pittsburg however....the trails are tight, and twisty, and up n down. Keep right, because the blair morgan wannabes are out there too. But if you hit it early, the trails will be smooooooth, I promise. I can also promise the SOS trails will be in fine order, those guys are on top of it, kudos to them.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Lookin' forward to seeing all you folks out there today....I'll be crusiing around on a black & red Fusion 900 sporting a Trail Patrol vest, say hello if we cross paths! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
454 Posts
Absolutely. The trails are NOT like Pittsburg however....the trails are tight, and twisty, and up n down. Keep right, because the blair morgan wannabes are out there too. But if you hit it early, the trails will be smooooooth, I promise. I can also promise the SOS trails will be in fine order, those guys are on top of it, kudos to them.[/b]
Thanks OT! Have you been out?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts