Hardcore Sledder banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
My dealer said 25% of his are already scheduled to be delivered in February and March. Basically most of the 146's.
Yup, not looking good at this point. A friend of a friend had our dealer call him totday to let him know his 850 VR1 won't be here until Feb. So not just the 146's. Yet my dealer had the last machine he sold in the spring on the last day of snowcheck show up first. XC 850.

Where is that head bang emoji!!!!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Yup, not looking good at this point. A friend of a friend had our dealer call him totday to let him know his 850 VR1 won't be here until Feb. So not just the 146's. Yet my dealer had the last machine he sold in the spring on the last day of snowcheck show up first. XC 850.

Where is that head bang emoji!!!!
This is a first for me hearing of a VR1 850 being delayed. Would you know what color combo and track? 129 or 137?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Yep, it could be a long wait for some of us for sure and yes it is disappointing but just think of the situation. Polaris is a bigger company trying to work through this messed up world and still trying to sell product and make money(I know there not hurting) Are they going to be fully transparent? I don’t think so plus they don’t know what there doing one day to the next, I would not want to be too far up the chain with responsibilities. For every person waiting for a sled there is a different response as to what’s going on. I will just say this , be careful what ya hear as a lot of this information is worthless and most any real info gets turned around ten times as it get broadcasted...I hate that! The order in which sleds are be built and delivered ( to be fare) makes no sense to me at all other then it’s a cluster #$*[email protected] Hang in there for your 22 model cause the way things are goin I would not think 23 is going to much better if any.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Yep, it could be a long wait for some of us for sure and yes it is disappointing but just think of the situation. Polaris is a bigger company trying to work through this messed up world and still trying to sell product and make money(I know there not hurting) Are they going to be fully transparent? I don’t think so plus they don’t know what there doing one day to the next, I would not want to be too far up the chain with responsibilities. For every person waiting for a sled there is a different response as to what’s going on. I will just say this , be careful what ya hear as a lot of this information is worthless and most any real info gets turned around ten times as it get broadcasted...I hate that! The order in which sleds are be built and delivered ( to be fare) makes no sense to me at all other then it’s a cluster #$*[email protected] Hang in there for your 22 model cause the way things are goin I would not think 23 is going to much better if any.
I'm over the damn sympathy for Polaris. They knew delivering the sleds would be a challenge from day one and they had 8-9 months to figure it out. The failure to get sleds out by end of year is on them solely. I don't need to hear the bullshit excuses. Yes, shit is fucked up this year but they new that from the beginning.

if they wait until December to tell me my sled is getting delayed again I'll happily let them keep it. Sure my dealer will sell it quickly but I'll pass in supporting Polaris for this piss poor performance.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I’m with ya and not making any excuses for Polaris. As I said they are not going to be transparent, totally honest, and have integrity on some things. YES! They know right up front during snowcheck season the high demand was a crap shoot and likely going to put them in a over promising situation, they knew the supply chain and suppliers they had that are going to be an issue but they still took all the orders they could get. Powersports costumers are a tough to satisfy in many ways and especially the snowmobile segments as the season is short and it’s a big commitment and expense so people are not patient...after all the shit we all have been though the last couple yrs everyone is short... it sucks.

·
Premium Member
2,208 Posts
I do not feel bad for Polaris for not one second, them or any other OEM. If they knew this was going to be the game they should have only sold what they could build and ship on time. And why weren't sleds built in summer? They should all be built and just be waiting for this part or that part, not waiting for a complete build.

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
6,325 Posts
I’m with ya and not making any excuses for Polaris. As I said they are not going to be transparent, totally honest, and have integrity on some things. YES! They know right up front during snowcheck season the high demand was a crap shoot and likely going to put them in a over promising situation, they knew the supply chain and suppliers they had that are going to be an issue but they still took all the orders they could get. Powersports costumers are a tough to satisfy in many ways and especially the snowmobile segments as the season is short and it’s a big commitment and expense so people are not patient...after all the shit we all have been though the last couple yrs everyone is short... it sucks.
It should not be necessary to stretch the truth to make a point. A number of MY22 snowmobile models were cutoff of sales before the end of the Snowcheck program. This is pretty common knowledge, for anyone paying attention.

MY22 Boost mountain machines,
MY22 XCR flatland machines
A few others near the very end of the SnowCheck program.

Reactions: 04xc700 and 614231

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
It should not be necessary to stretch the truth to make a point. A number of MY22 snowmobile models were cutoff of sales before the end of the Snowcheck program. This is pretty common knowledge, for anyone paying attention.

MY22 Boost mountain machines,
MY22 XCR flatland machines
A few others near the very end of the SnowCheck program.
this is a stretch other then the Boost sled.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Polaris said December 15 and it's not even December yet. They can build a few thousand sleds between now and December 15.
many dealers don't have any sleds yet from Polaris. Maybe 20% of Polaris sleds have been delivered so far. Unless they pull a rabbit out of the hat I don't see them getting the rest of the sleds outs in the next two weeks.

1 - 20 of 205 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.