Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just picked up my sled from the delaer on saturday and was giving it a once over. Noticed a couple weird things but coming off a 4-stroke and this being my 1st 2-stroke, I wasn’t sure of the normality of the items. (pics below)
  1. There seems to be air bubbles in the oil line
  2. There seems to be a pool of oil on the steering assembly
  3. There seems to be exhaust blow by residue on the frame and steering assembly
Just looking for input from more experienced owners or if anyone is seeimg the same thing on their sleds to see if I need to bring this back to the dealer.

IMG_2744.jpeg IMG_2745.jpeg IMG_2746.jpeg

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
That is alot of air in that oil line. Get the sled on the right ski and shake it a bit. That might get the bubble to release into the oil resivior.

As for the exhaust blow by. That pretty normal on a brand new sled. The exhaust dougnut hasnt gotten hot enough to start to mold a seal. Plus the engine is in break in mode so its injecting more oil than normal.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
That is alot of air in that oil line. Get the sled on the right ski and shake it a bit. That might get the bubble to release into the oil resivior.

As for the exhaust blow by. That pretty normal on a brand new sled. The exhaust dougnut hasnt gotten hot enough to start to mold a seal. Plus the engine is in break in mode so its injecting more oil than normal.
As far as the air bubble, That should work out after you ride it a little. Keep an eye on it. Or take it to dealer. They can prime the pump using digital wrench.

The oil, thats normal like guy mentioned above. They are SUPER rich on oil during break in. DO NOT start it and idle it in your garage. Next thing that will happen is fouling it up bad if you do that.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Mine smoked like a dog for the first hour of the 2hours I put on it Wednesday afternoon. You can see the smoke in this picture. I had just pulled it off the trailer. Typical for a new 2 stroke.
76956B36-BBB2-4C0A-8F31-9582696974B0.jpeg

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Mine smoked like a dog for the first hour of the 2hours I put on it Wednesday afternoon. You can see the smoke in this picture. I had just pulled it off the trailer. Typical for a new 2 stroke. View attachment 2112700
Riding already??? That’s not nice 😂

What did you come off of, and how does the ride quality/suspension compare???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts