Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Thanks for pics, glad that the handlebar harness clip has a happy place. Waiting for mine now, USPS has me baffled with tracking info. Black is the new black for colors! Just watch TV, you'll know what I mean.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for pics, glad that the handlebar harness clip has a happy place. Waiting for mine now, USPS has me baffled with tracking info. Black is the new black for colors! Just watch TV, you'll know what I mean.
HA! Got it... and ya, I'm 6' tall, the extra lift in the riser makes standing perfectly comfortable, and makes it easier to move my butt back just a bit when just poking along on a smooth trail. On fast bumpy stuff when I'm moved right up, it still works great.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Would the top Polaris clamp work with it?
Do you have pic from front straight on? Trying to get an idea of how high the bars tower above the shield. I sat on a XCR and the bars could be adjusted a little higher, but they are very close to my legs when turning. I’ll need to do something. How much taller is powermad?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would the top Polaris clamp work with it?
Do you have pic from front straight on? Trying to get an idea of how high the bars tower above the shield. I sat on a XCR and the bars could be adjusted a little higher, but they are very close to my legs when turning. I’ll need to do something. How much taller is powermad?
I tried the polaris top clamp, and no, the spacing is different than the new riser. Inwill take another pic from straight on. The powermadd riser is about 1 1/4 inches taller. Not enough to have it tower over even the low shield I have on.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So much stuff on your kitchen counters. My OCD is kicking in!

Riser looks good! 😁
HA! I figured I might get called out for that. Me, wife, 2 boys, one girlfriend (one of the boys, not mine...😁)....things get cluttered for sure. Boys are gone back to work, should be able to clean up now!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Just did mine today, too. Like the fit and the look (black looks way better!). Being 6'6", makes standing much easier for me. Install was a piece of cake. Waiting on my windshield to see how it helps with the clearance issues on full turn.
Light Blue Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle

Attachments

Reactions: Guitarcher

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just did mine today, too. Like the fit and the look (black looks way better!). Being 6'6", makes standing much easier for me. Install was a piece of cake. Waiting on my windshield to see how it helps with the clearance issues on full turn. View attachment 2127297
Excellent. Sled looks really good. Yes, at your height I can't imagine how the stock riser felt. I find my height falls into the "not short but not tall" category when it comes to fitting on stuff. You are definitely smack in the "way tall" category.

·
Registered
867 Posts
This also works. ISO vibe View attachment 2127320
Always been curious how these feel/work on a sled. I like a connected feeling to the bars and have always wondered what durometer those bushings were (don't want a mushy feel). But could see the benefit of numbing the sharp impacts..
Never been a fan of non-solid bar mounts for MX. Let us know your thoughts!

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
I used to run them back when I raced cross country. As you said it would take out some of the sharp unexpected hits. Also vibration from motor.
I didn’t feel like there was that loss of feeling in the steering I guess along with the bushings or a mushy feeling as you stated.
It was a way to raise the bars so I am going to run them on two xcrs. (y)

·
Registered
539 Posts
Look at that your "Y" wire cable clamp is broke just like mine! Very poor Polaris QC final inspection and dealer PDI. $16k and they can't even get a stupid cable clamp to hold up, just sad. Sorry had to vent, tired of paying a premium for sub standard product. IFS shock had to be replaced, scratched panels (molded nylon is crap IMO).

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Look at that your "Y" wire cable clamp is broke just like mine! Very poor Polaris QC final inspection and dealer PDI. $16k and they can't even get a stupid cable clamp to hold up, just sad. Sorry had to vent, tired of paying a premium for sub standard product. IFS shock had to be replaced, scratched panels (molded nylon is crap IMO).
Yes. Mine was broken before I put the riser on, I just thought the previous owner may have broken it somehow. I hear you on the panels too, not easy to rub out any marks from riding through bush trails.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Looks good with that low windshield. I have mid coming and have had hand guards on my last 2 sleds with low shield. Will see how it looks. Not ready for a tall yet, but will take a little more wind protection. Have a Polaris riser in hand, it measured 3-5/8”, should be 1-1/4” over stock.
Nice. That riser should be a big improvement. Yes, the extra wind protection of the mid would be nice, but I figured the low would be better than the nothing it came with. And I'm not that hardcore anymore.... if its 30 below, I stay in the shop!

I gotta say though, the CKX Mission helmet is incredible.

·
Registered
22 VR1 850 129 and Mxz 600 etec
241 Posts
Nice. That riser should be a big improvement. Yes, the extra wind protection of the mid would be nice, but I figured the low would be better than the nothing it came with. And I'm not that hardcore anymore.... if its 30 below, I stay in the shop!

I gotta say though, the CKX Mission helmet is incredible.
Looks great, I have the same windshield on mine. In -30 last week in northern Ont it wasn’t tall enough lol. Worst part was the wind coming over the hood just below the bottom of the w/s. Wind hits you on the top of your leg. Reminded me of my 93 Formula Plus 😆

1 - 20 of 23 Posts