Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cant get crazy but I found out on 11/19 that my east coast dealer wont have my 850 til the new year,no bs. has anybody else been told something similar, just for info 850 estart, blue tunnel,rails and spindles,

·
Registered
113 Posts
You are far from the only one, my scheduled shipping date is December 29, another fellow that I talked to is January 17.. So I expect to receive my machine mid January, the other fellow, early February. If my shipping date is pushed back again, I will likely just wait for a 2022.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes my dealer said ship date 12/31 dang starting to get mad but that wont change anything,when do we get the 500 gift card, hopefully before the season ends

·
Registered
567 Posts
Ok...Let’s say your snow check sled doesn’t show up until mid January. At this point you tell your dealer “I don’t want it. The season is half over”. Do you get your deposit back at this point?

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Ok...Let’s say your snow check sled doesn’t show up until mid January. At this point you tell your dealer “I don’t want it. The season is half over”. Do you get your deposit back at this point?
The deposit is between dealer and customer. The dealer should at that point I would think. Also you get the 500 polaris accessory money if you take delivery or not so that’s pretty much your deposit but it’s not cash

·
Registered
Coming soon 850 VR1 & 650 VR1
1,167 Posts
The unfortunate thing is you don’t get your deposit back, unless you’re dealer is up to doing the right thing. Then if you sold your previous years sled you may just as well rite off the entire 20/21 season and seriously ponder what you will be doing for the following season.

·
Registered
113 Posts
My dealer tells me that he has a waiting list for a VR1 like mine, so he would gladly refund my deposit and sell it to the next person for more money. However, if you were to go to another dealer and buy a machine out of stock, expect to pay msrp, or close to it. So unless I am going to wait for a 2022, and risk this happening again, it would cost me considerably more to buy something else, instead of waiting.

·
Premium Member
Vr 1 650 137
55 Posts
I am 1/2 joking when I say this but looks like if you wish to ride early then you need to get what they have in spring that is new and at a good price. I know it has been one crazy year but look at the past years and make your call. I think it is a 50/50 you may get your new sled in time for Dec 15th ever year and a 50/50 the trails being open in the areas I ride.

·
Premium Member
1,857 Posts
The unfortunate thing is you don’t get your deposit back, unless you’re dealer is up to doing the right thing. Then if you sold your previous years sled you may just as well rite off the entire 20/21 season and seriously ponder what you will be doing for the following season.
Had my 2021s fell through I would be trying to work with my dealer to put my deposit towards a 2022 and since I sold our two sleds I would be hitting up Facebook market place for something cheap and reliable like an older apex or vector, something like that since it would only be around for one season.

·
Registered
Coming soon 850 VR1 & 650 VR1
1,167 Posts
Had my 2021s fell through I would be trying to work with my dealer to put my deposit towards a 2022 and since I sold our two sleds I would be hitting up Facebook market place for something cheap and reliable like an older apex or vector, something like that since it would only be around for one season.
Chances are in this market you will be overpaying for a used unit. And if the market swings next season you will more than likely be taking a significant loss selling or trading the used unit. So I think the choice is between waiting until new unit is delivered or backing out with deposit in hand and rethinking for next season.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Another thing how long until NY, Michigan, other dem gov states shut down snowmobile trail systems? Might be better off if you don’t spend about 15k to stare at it in the garage lol

·
Premium Member
1,857 Posts
Believe me people will ride here in NY if there's snow. Here in WNY we haven't had jack shit the last 2-3 years. Won't really be able to stop anywhere anyways. As long as you can get gas and have a big enough bag to carry food and drink should be good to go. And yes I know one would be technically trespassing, but again people haven't been able to snowmobile in most places of the state the last few years. So if we actually get snow I believe many will go no matter what.

·
Premium Member
1,857 Posts
Chances are in this market you will be overpaying for a used unit. And if the market swings next season you will more than likely be taking a significant loss selling or trading the used unit. So I think the choice is between waiting until new unit is delivered or backing out with deposit in hand and rethinking for next season.
Though I agree with everything you said. If my sled wasn't coming until maybe mid January I would still really think hard about doing something. I haven't not had a sled since I've been out of college and making my own money, so yeah I would buy something on the cheap side and bang it out for the season.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Ditch banging heck yeah. But the trail system no way. Gates going to be closed, fence, ect not going to be possible.

Believe me people will ride here in NY if there's snow. Here in WNY we haven't had jack shit the last 2-3 years. Won't really be able to stop anywhere anyways. As long as you can get gas and have a big enough bag to carry food and drink should be good to go. And yes I know one would be technically trespassing, but again people haven't been able to snowmobile in most places of the state the last few years. So if we actually get snow I believe many will go no matter what.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Problem is the used sled prices are insane lol

Though I agree with everything you said. If my sled wasn't coming until maybe mid January I would still really think hard about doing something. I haven't not had a sled since I've been out of college and making my own money, so yeah I would buy something on the cheap side and bang it out for the season.

·
Premium Member
2021 Matryx VR1 850 137 Storm
2,096 Posts
I really question if these sleds got put in under sno check and not ordered for dealer / demo !
I GET IT. Some sleds are delayed and winter is coming or is already here in some of your backyards. The Reality is this: Polaris is still experiencing Covid related shortages....that's the issue. Nothing else. These final few sleds (under 100) are awaiting gauges, fuel tanks, etc...
Everyone needs to understand this. The Polaris factory is also down 20% of its workforce. Running day and night, once the parts to finish the sleds are in. Also when Snowchecked sleds are built, they are built in batches. Color combo's determine the schedule. Polaris always builds snowchecked sleds last because they are the most time consuming and have more specialized parts...which require longer lead times from the parts manufacturers. And ALL of these parts suppliers are also dealing with the same issues...COVID related GLOBAL shortages in the supply chain. Everyone on here needs to calm down a bit and realize the main cause for their sled's (very few) being delayed: COVID. I'm still waiting just like the very few on here also.
Also remember, HCS represents a sliver of the snowmobile market.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I GET IT. Some sleds are delayed and winter is coming or is already here in some of your backyards. The Reality is this: Polaris is still experiencing Covid related shortages....that's the issue. Nothing else. These final few sleds (under 100) are awaiting gauges, fuel tanks, etc...
Everyone needs to understand this. The Polaris factory is also down 20% of its workforce. Running day and night, once the parts to finish the sleds are in. Also when Snowchecked sleds are built, they are built in batches. Color combo's determine the schedule. Polaris always builds snowchecked sleds last because they are the most time consuming and have more specialized parts...which require longer lead times from the parts manufacturers. And ALL of these parts suppliers are also dealing with the same issues...COVID related GLOBAL shortages in the supply chain. Everyone on here needs to calm down a bit and realize the main cause for their sled's (very few) being delayed: COVID. I'm still waiting just like the very few on here also.
Well said!

·
Registered
2021 Polaris VR1 650 137" Blue/Silver Black tunnel Blue rails Mid windshield
181 Posts
very few sleds delayed and the small percentage of HCS members of total snowmobile market, dosen't make sense to me. I think there are more shortages than that.
My problem is more with my dealer than Polaris, I set up a date to pick mine up and the day before I was to drive 2 1/2 hours to pick it up i got a call that it had no shocks. And half of my accessories are still not in that I ordered in August. I see them on line for sale, so did my dealer give mine to another customer because my sled wasn't in and now they are on backorder.
Guess covid year wasn't the time to come back to Polaris after 25 years. And yes I know any manufacturer would probably be the same delays. My buddy's brother still hasn't heard anything on his XRS 850

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 72 Posts