Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i took my sled in to a buddies shop for some season repais and maintenace. got it back and was out riding and had someone tell me that my lights were flickereing. asked the guys in the shop wat it could be. took my sled back there they started it and said they would order the part. so i get a call and he said a new voltage regulator cost $700 and there is no way in hell i can afford that. now wat i need to know is if the voltage regulator has anything to do with the coil. please let me know because i have no idea what im gunna do :( if it doesnt have anything to do with the spark then i will be a little less worried. please let me know!!!!!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
The voltage regulator is about $20 even for new ones on eBay. The stator would be around $700 but there's things to check out before you replace that.

Within the stator the lighting coil is separate from the ignition coil so you can rest a little easier.

·
Registered
764 Posts
$700 to replace a voltage regulator? Deal with a new shop! A voltage regulator is a very simple little device and one from just about anything will work.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my bad i ment to say stator. but the ingnition coil and lighting coil are seperate? so would the lights flickering have anything to do with the ignition coil? i just dont want to be stranded anywhere. thanks for the help im still learning about all this electrical system.
thanks

·
Registered
358 Posts
theres a relay kind of under the dash that it may be.....i replaced mine earlier this year.. i stock up on them cause they are an unpredictable $20-$30 part....
just a suggestion

:beer_cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts