Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just acquired a 2004 Viper S with 9 miles on it. The sled has a 1.25 ripsaw track. I'm told these tracks are very versatile and give good traction. My question is studs or no studs. I'm told that there are certain parameters surrounding the studding of a Viper. Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
10,641 Posts
great track, you will love it. you need to run 8 tooth drivers and install tunnel and heat exchanger protectors to stud it. re-gearing is optional (i didnt and it pulls great on the trails!) if you go ahead with it, i have 8 tooth drivers for sale.

·
Registered
10,641 Posts
also, if you dont run into ice where you ride studs arent needed. they do nothing on snow, just ice and hardpack.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I chose not to stud my viper s and the track got wasted from spinning all the time.If you ride agressive on icy trails your gonna want studs.Im taking the rip saw off this year and putting on a 9830 with 144 studs.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input. I think I will stud it. We tend to get icy packed trails and that where I tend to ride.

·
Registered
12 Posts
anybody know if 2003 vipers came stock with tunnel and heat exchanger protectors. i haven't looked under my sled yet, but i have got to pick mine this year. do alot of hard pack and some lake riding. bought it last year & loved it. blew all my relatives sleds away except for one exception when dad's xc700 left me settin' on ice after we had stopped. still herein' about how big red went around old blue. :frech32: also was thinking on going with 144 stud boy power point stainless and 7-1/2 shaper bar carbides. any thoughts?

·
Registered
10,641 Posts
Originally posted by solidinfaith@Oct 3 2005, 01:01 AM
anybody know if 2003 vipers came stock with tunnel and heat exchanger protectors. i haven't looked under my sled yet, but i have got to pick mine this year. do alot of hard pack and some lake riding. bought it last year & loved it. blew all my relatives sleds away except for one exception when dad's xc700 left me settin' on ice after we had stopped. still herein' about how big red went around old blue.  :frech32: also was thinking on going with 144 stud boy power point stainless and 7-1/2 shaper bar carbides. any thoughts?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=904969
[/quote]
im pretty sure all vipers except the 04 vipes s came with protectors. the studs and carbides sound like a good choice too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts