Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
11,320 Posts
The viper should win, I ran a 99 700 with my 500 last winter, it beat me but not as bad as the 02 viper did.

·
Registered
141 Posts
My friend has a 99 cat with lots of work to the motor and clutching and my 02 viper can beat it. Its not by a whole lot though.

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
The ZR 700 even set up right is just a strong mid range sled and does not have much top speed, good torque for trails but a slug for racing.

Jim

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wow, never heard that sled being called a dog! I wont pass that along to my bud, he would be crushed, lol!! :Wow1:

·
Registered
11,320 Posts
I don't know if I would call it a dog, They put out about 115hp, but they are a torque monster, set up right they will go. The 99's had to have the updates before they worked properly.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I will say that his ZR only gets about 7 to 8 miles per gallon... but hey, he loves it, and zero to 100 it does move... cant compare as I have never ridden my Viper.... :Wow1:

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I had one,i can honestly say it was the worst sled i ever had.The handling sucked,it vibrated like crazy,broke a motor mount every time i jumped it.Other than that it was fine.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
I will take you with mine no problem.....however, if your buds is stock....and no updates done, then you will probalby edge him out...on the bumps, your dusted.....my friend and I had the excact same shootout...he would just barley pull from me on top....I would have him everywhere else in the race...on the bumps it was not contest I would have him eating dust everytime.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Or when you take it in for service.... :beerchug: if I wanted to be the fastest on the lake, I would not have bought a viper! But its good enough... reliability has its adavantages.. so does running stock... :div20:

·
Banned
10,423 Posts
Originally posted by Nattydread@Sep 20 2005, 11:21 PM
I am going to remove the can this week, and put in the stock, too many people tell me  I am giving up HP, and speed, for noise....
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=884750
[/quote]
good move, they're correct

1 - 20 of 48 Posts