Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Maybe its time for Polaris to make a bigger 4-stroke.
Or maybe make a turbo kit to the FST who working :-D

Youtube video[/b]
Or maybe you need to figure out how to make a complete sentence?
Seriously, what's your point? Polaris is the only STOCK turbo that you listed. Perhaps Polaris should spend another 5K and see what they can come up with?

I see all your other posts from the youtube link are about the turbo apex. I didn't know Yamaha produced a turbo apex?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Or maybe you need to figure out how to make a complete sentence?
Seriously, what's your point? Polaris is the only STOCK turbo that you listed. Perhaps Polaris should spend another 5K and see what they can come up with?

I see all your other posts from the youtube link are about the turbo apex. I didn't know Yamaha produced a turbo apex?[/b]
Polariz - Enjoyed the vid - looked like a perfect day. I'm jealous! I'm guessing the Polaris was the only factory turbo - the others were aftermarket? How did the FST stack up against the others? From the vid, looked like the Polaris did great...

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
that yami made the others look pretty stupid. made me want a yami turbo!!!

i took it as a 700 2 stroke as well.

·
Registered
125 Posts

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
Guys, you know Polaris did made a Dragon FST for '08 and based upon the exhaust note of the Dragon, it sounds like a 4-stroke to me. A 700 2-stroke wouldnt have the deep, rumbling exhaust note like that sled had.

·
Registered
725 Posts
exactly what is your point??a stock polaris turbo 4 -stroke with 150 H.P and since I have never seen a factory RMK version, what was he riding a switchback or a stretched IQ?so of course he wouldn't hold a candle to a custom turbo Yamaha.Do you realize in stock form those yamaha apex and rx1 wouldn't be as impressive,but take a $12000.00 sled spend another $7000-10000 on it with turbos or NOS or whatever and give it 250 H.P then yep they are mighty impressive,but still heavy and tiring to ride in those conditions,those guys wouldn't be climbing and riding that agresive on a stock apex !I realize some people love those sleds and no offense but people need to realize what is being done to those yamaha sleds to make them look so impressive ,they sure the hell aren't straight off the showroom floor,if they were they would look just like that FST

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
I agree. One way to look at it too would be that the Apex turbo has a 250cc advantage on the FST. Stock vs. stock, the FST is just as good as the Apex. Granted, the FST has had issues in the past with the engine, but Yamaha has rear suspension issues and their handwarmers suck.
You could go on TY are read post after post by people who think their Apex is the biggest POS they have ever owned.
I think the Apex is a great sled, but its definetly not perfect.

·
Registered
6 Posts
exactly what is your point??a stock polaris turbo 4 -stroke with 150 H.P and since I have never seen a factory RMK version, what was he riding a switchback or a stretched IQ?so of course he wouldn't hold a candle to a custom turbo Yamaha.Do you realize in stock form those yamaha apex and rx1 wouldn't be as impressive,but take a $12000.00 sled spend another $7000-10000 on it with turbos or NOS or whatever and give it 250 H.P then yep they are mighty impressive,but still heavy and tiring to ride in those conditions,those guys wouldn't be climbing and riding that agresive on a stock apex !I realize some people love those sleds and no offense but people need to realize what is being done to those yamaha sleds to make them look so impressive ,they sure the hell aren't straight off the showroom floor,if they were they would look just like that FST[/b]

this is very true yamaha doesnt have a stock turbo sled. i no guys that have rx-1 drag sleds with turbos theres alot of work into a sled like that and money its not something the average joe is not gonna just throw something like that together all that stuff cost big money and lots of time. also most of the guys doing this stuff to the yamahas are doing it to the older first run rx-1 because they are carborated those sleds are getting harder to find. but when you see a sled like this run they are sick the drag sleds run all day consitant and they pull like nothing else so ive herd go on you tube and look at otis res drags they are sweet but biggggg bucks involved.

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
this is very true yamaha doesnt have a stock turbo sled. i no guys that have rx-1 drag sleds with turbos theres alot of work into a sled like that and money its not something the average joe is not gonna just throw something like that together all that stuff cost big money and lots of time. also most of the guys doing this stuff to the yamahas are doing it to the older first run rx-1 because they are carborated those sleds are getting harder to find. but when you see a sled like this run they are sick the drag sleds run all day consitant and they pull like nothing else so ive herd go on you tube and look at otis res drags they are sweet but biggggg bucks involved.[/b]
I agree. Those guys have a lot of time and money in their sleds.

·
Registered
34 Posts
this is very true yamaha doesnt have a stock turbo sled. i no guys that have rx-1 drag sleds with turbos theres alot of work into a sled like that and money its not something the average joe is not gonna just throw something like that together all that stuff cost big money and lots of time. also most of the guys doing this stuff to the yamahas are doing it to the older first run rx-1 because they are carborated those sleds are getting harder to find. but when you see a sled like this run they are sick the drag sleds run all day consitant and they pull like nothing else so ive herd go on you tube and look at otis res drags they are sweet but biggggg bucks involved.[/b]
As an new 07 Apex gt owner(stock) i came here to find out what was the buzz in this camp on the FST..I have a couple of die hard Poo freinds and they have been bantering arround the idea of the FST to try (both switckback owners) fuel milage, "REAL" performance feedback etc. is what i am looking for? I do beleive that the performance sled market would be well served with smaller displacement 3 cyl lighter weight 4 strokes such with factory turbo or supercharger kits with 175 to 190 hp out of the box! i did look at the 08FST and was very intrested, but i do think that a 3 cyl turbo poo engine would be a dynamit package!!! OH and by the way there are gatting to be quite a few 06 and 07 apexex here in Ontario Can. with turbos installed , some kits are as low as 5 Gs carried out the door! :m2c:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts