Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pics of my sled. Looks "less bad" in person. Not sure I like the look enough to keep it yet, but it's easy to remove. I'm 6' tall and like to ride forward on the seat. The stock 05 seat is okay heightwise, but this added height may help (time will tell if it ever snows).

Bought foam from online source....think it's 1 1/2" or 2" thick, cut to roughly match top of seat (cut with large steak knife). Then had upholster (sp??) shop cover it and add the straps and buckles. Total investment roughly $110.

·
Registered
5,482 Posts
First off I like the idea but I am glad you didn't make it white because it would look like one of the napkins I can find in the lower drawer in the bathroom.

How about removing the seat cover and adding extra padding then replacing the cover?

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
First off I like the idea but I am glad you didn't make it white because it would look like one of the napkins I can find in the lower drawer in the bathroom.

How about removing the seat cover and adding extra padding then replacing the cover?[/b]
Prolly coulda done for the $110 & made look "stock" insteada "rigged"

May be just me but im not diggin it...

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
I see a few issues with it besides how it looks.

1. When you sit down on it, the straps will become loose, most likely allowing it to slide. :dunno:

2. To eliminate the straps becoming loose, you would have to "pre load" the straps by sitting on it and then tightening them and this would no doubt result in wear to the original seat where the straps make contact.

If you could make it where it would have "sides" that would allow it to somewhat locate positively on the seat, it would be better. This would widen the "seating area" a bit but would discourage side to side movement. This could also allow for custom graphics on the sides.

This obviously would be intended for riders who don't "hang off the side" when cornering as I wouldn't trust it staying in position.

Kudos to you for thinking of something different. :div20:

Gunner.

·
Registered
989 Posts
good try, I was trying to figure out some type of mod and pondered your idea too. I was afraid of how it would look and cost. I would of took the 05 seat and sold it for 200.00 added 100 bucks and bought a boss seat. You can buy them on here or ebay if ya keep looking.

·
Registered
906 Posts
This is what i did.........

I took the bak seat outta a junk car, stripped it, make sure you pull the metal out of the seat if it has metal in it.

I then cut a square piece of foam out and put it on top of the white styro foam.

Next I put the seat cover back on and WhalA.

I raised my seat approx 4-5 inches higher. Its all the same but higher.

The hardest part was stapling everything backtogether. I had a friend stand on the seat up side down to compress it all adn i stapled it up.

TOTAL COST:
$0.00 :celebrating:

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This is what i did.........

I took the bak seat outta a junk car, stripped it, make sure you pull the metal out of the seat if it has metal in it.

I then cut a square piece of foam out and put it on top of the white styro foam.

Next I put the seat cover back on and WhalA.

I raised my seat approx 4-5 inches higher. Its all the same but higher.

The hardest part was stapling everything backtogether. I had a friend stand on the seat up side down to compress it all adn i stapled it up.

TOTAL COST:
$0.00 :celebrating:[/b]
With that much additional foam your stock seat cover still fit??? Any pics???

·
Registered
906 Posts
i wont see my sled till next weekend, i will take pics of how high it is.

if u look at ur seat cover then u will notice that it is overlapped alot where it is stapled, well now with this foam in it the cover can only overlap on the corners and not on the sides but it hangs down 1.5 inches on the sides. really easy to do

·
Registered
205 Posts
:linemup: I DONT THINK THATS GOING TO WORK......GOOD WAY TO WEAR A HOLE IN YOUR SEAT THOUGH.....TAKE THE COVER OFF AND PUT IT UNDER THE COVER, WOULD LOOK MUCH BETTER AND NO STAPS TO SHOW OR TEAR UP THE SEAT......JUST MY OPINION

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.