Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a ’04 F7 EFI that I would like to do some performance mods to it and I was wondering if some people could give me some input on which they feel would be better the VForce III Reeds or the Boyesen RAD and why.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
WAIT i have had my person who works on sleds at my house today and he said to take the stock reeds out and cut off the shims on the stock ones off and you will get 5 hp cause i wanted to know the same thing.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have a ’04 F7 EFI that I would like to do some performance mods to it and I was wondering if some people could give me some input on which they feel would be better the VForce III Reeds or the Boyesen RAD and why.[/b]

I have a set of Rad 3s on my 03. They really woke it up. Did not cause a bog like they say the Vforce do.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a set of Rad 3s on my 03. They really woke it up. Did not cause a bog like they say the Vforce do.[/b]
Thank you for your reply ... I am hoping to get more opinions or results from people that have tried either one ... I gues thats one for Boyesen ...lol

·
Premium Member
3,411 Posts
rode my buddys 03 with V-Forces on it. super snappy response, and no bog.
but it did make it a lot tougher to start though.
used to start on one pull hot and two when cold, now takes an extra pull when cold or hot.
i think it's because of how much stiffer the carbon fiber is, compared to the stock reed material.

i have them on my ZR and love them.
i'd say they're worth it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I installed the Boyesen rad valves in my sled 1500 miles ago and I'm very happy with them. The sled starts just like it alwised started on two pulls cold and one pull warm. The sled is very snappy and pulls hard all the way to top end.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I have v-force 3's on my 04 f7 efi and it definitely made the sled more response without any bog. As far as harder starting......I did have that same problem when it was hot, but I figured out the secret on that.....before u shut it down when it is hot let it come to idle and wait 5-10 seconds before shutting it down. Starts on first or second pull ever time. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
I have vforce3's on my 03 very snappy I love them. :buttrock:

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Are you guys just buying the reeds to increase your performance, or are you getting the cages and all? What about just buying the reeds and installing them into your own cages would this work as well?

·
Premium Member
1,892 Posts
I really didn't notice a difference....just installed some VforceIII reeds on my 06 and it just made it harder to start when it was hot.... not worth the money in my opinion but it's a mod if you want a bolt on!

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
I really didn't notice a difference....just installed some VforceIII reeds on my 06 and it just made it harder to start when it was hot.... not worth the money in my opinion but it's a mod if you want a bolt on![/b]
that's exactly why i never put them in. i've heard way too many stories of people spending the $200-$300 and getting nothing out of it.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Carbon-tech petals and extensions, perfect-amundo![/b]
A few years ago i was going to put some V-force on my ZR800 but the i found out that the cage was smaller then the stock ones, so i baught the Carbon Tech and mounted on the stock cage. And ever since i just use Carbon Tech on all my sleds, but my brother just mounted a set of Rad valves on his F-cat and it became wery snappy but harder to start...

·
Premium Member
4,693 Posts
either are great for when you have to replace the stock units.

The new Boyesen Rage Cages for the MACH Z 1000 and 600 SDI provide excellent HP improvement and throttle response ( dyno proven )

for rotting boots, the Boyesens are the way to go with their solid castings. On some models one or the other will show more favorable results, depends on the sleds and the mods done to date

·
Premium Member
3,411 Posts
either are great for when you have to replace the stock units.

The new Boyesen Rage Cages for the MACH Z 1000 and 600 SDI provide excellent HP improvement and throttle response ( dyno proven )

for rotting boots, the Boyesens are the way to go with their solid castings. On some models one or the other will show more favorable results, depends on the sleds and the mods done to date[/b]

what is your recommendation for the F7?
can you tell us what dyno results you have seen, typically?

·
Premium Member
4,693 Posts
For most reeds HP improvements are found in midrange, so typically if our clients are looking for trail performance they're very pleased by adding aftermarket reeds. In some cases where the stock boots rot ( ie - some Ski-Doo applications ) , then there is no choice but to switch out and the aftermarket products are favored at that time over OEM.

for the F7's the VForce3 are more popular , for the Rev's it's about 50/50 VForce/Boyesen and client buying trend seems to be favoring BOYESEN with thier solid castings ( no rotting issues )

On the new MACH Z 1000 - Cliff tested them here recently and showed up to 6HP in midrange on the big MACH so the dyno results were accurate with what BOYESEN had mentioned to us as a dealer.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts