Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Take off the Hood and take out the airbox, it makes installing the throttle bodies back into the sled much easier and both of those go off and on in minutes. You can put your hand up into the convoluted rubber boot between the airbox and throttle bodies and ensure that they are seated properly in seconds. I tried a installing the throttle bodies half a dozen times without doing this with no succsess.

·
Registered
544 Posts
first take out the torx screw #6 and the hold down #7 it should come out. nose end first-
I took the hood off too it made it easier for me. just the two pins and set it up higher on the machine. I was just checking the jets to see if they were the right size.
Highmark is right on..... it is easier with the airbox off.

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
Trimming the rubber ears off of the intake boot, thats fun too ! I left the hood on and the airbox in, just to make it even more fun ! :wacko:

·
Registered
74 Posts
The installation took me about 4-5 hours with all the little issues that I had to struggle with, but, looking at the HP gain at the added throttle response it's definetly worth it!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
i heard a little story about these v-force reeds, rumor or not, i'm not sure myself, but i was thinking about getting them before this. i heard that the pedals themselves do not hold up and they need to be replaced at least once a season, is this true, are they not worth getting because they break down, how do these reeds effect the reliability and longetivity of the motor.......thanks

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
One very time consuming part was trimming the reed stuffers off the stock rubber manifolds. Now that this is done I'm sure I could change the petals in under an hour, however I hope they last at least 1 season. If not it will be my last V-Force reeds.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Originally posted by Firecat_freak@Jan 14 2003, 01:34 PM
i heard a little story about these v-force reeds, rumor or not, i'm not sure myself, but i was thinking about getting them before this.  i heard that the pedals themselves do not hold up and they need to be replaced at least once a season, is this true, are they not worth getting because they break down, how do these reeds effect the reliability and longetivity of the motor.......thanks
I put VForce3 reeds in my '01 ZRT 600 this preseason. They really improved the low end response, however, 2 days ago I lost a cylinder. I thought I was fouling out the but it turned out I emploded the reeds. That's right, I blew the peddles inward toward the carbs. The new design on the VForce 3 reeds sucks! The center set of peddles are not firmly supported by the cage and that is where it collapsed.
I would NOT recommend putting them in. I have less than 400 miles on my sled this year and I may miss out on riding this weekend due to a reed failure. I guess I'll have to steal my wifes F5...!

·
Registered
236 Posts
know of two polaris' that have had delta 3s with broken pedals. I put them in my f5 and im not sure that im asking for trouble. Have had delta2s in 2 different sleds without a problem total of about 5000 miles. Is there any warranty on them if they do break?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Dan,

Well, since most people are taking three hours and you are under an hour, can you use the other two hours to drive down to CT and put mine in?? :p

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Originally posted by Mike C@Jan 17 2003, 12:41 PM
Dan,

Well, since most people are taking three hours and you are under an hour, can you use the other two hours to drive down to CT and put mine in?? :p
THATS FUNNY STUFF.....DAN AFTER YOUR DONE WITH HIS COULD YOU COME TO WISCONSIN AND PUT MY IN ...I'LL PAY YOU FOR THE FULL 3 HOURS!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I talked with the guys at VForce (Moto whatever..) and they are sending me new reeds air mail tomorrow! That's service. He said that he has had two other failures this year on the VForce3 and has strengthened the reed cage to prevent this failure. He is real interested to see the reeds I failured as the other two were on bigger bore machines, unlike my baby triple. ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts