Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was dialing in my dragon. I turned down the front springs 3 full turns from dealer pickup as a place to start. Holy balls, way to tipsy. Where are you guys. I hear that less is better becuase you get into the sway bar quicker. Anybody a hard core sledder with corners in mind, not just lake racing?

Lets hear it?

G

·
I was dialing in my dragon. I turned down the front springs 3 full turns from dealer pickup as a place to start. Holy balls, way to tipsy. Where are you guys. I hear that less is better becuase you get into the sway bar quicker. Anybody a hard core sledder with corners in mind, not just lake racing?

Lets hear it?[/b]
So what youv'e done is created less ski pressure from stock which in turn will give a lower center of gravity and make the sled feel more stable.Only turn the spring adjustments a 1/4" on the threads at a time and no more then try it for rough trails, cornering,ditch banging and smooth fast trails to see were your best is.I find that most of all Polaris models from factory tend to have to much ski pressure.

·
Registered
2020 Indy XCR 800 129", 2019 Indy 850 129", 2011 IQ Turbo 121"
3,066 Posts
I guess I read your comments exactly the opposite - that softening spring tension left you with a sled that felt too "soft" (in roll) for cornering. Which is the correct interpretation?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was a little unclear, I actually tightened the springs, (turning them to more preload)

I have since went back to stock, but i dont have any snow to try to mess with it yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.