Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone notice how loose our headlights are and how the whole assembly is held together?

Looks to me that after a couple years of banging around on the sled, there might be some problems that will arise with the current mounting design.

Any thoughts, possible fixes?

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
mine hardly move if you push on the lens. take a pic from behind and post it, I will do the same next week to see if there is a difference

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will do on the pic.

Seems funny, you adjust the low beam so it fits the trail nice and then your high beam is "WAY" too high.

So basically you have to use one or the other....not both.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
They are probably mounted loosely in the hood to cushion some of the blow to the light bulbs. I like the on the fly adjustability, but you really do notice the weight transfer of the sled at night. Lights in the trees on throttle and lights on the ski tips while braking. If you want good lights you are going to need to buy a Yamaha!!!

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
thats funny mine are fine high and low. hhmmmmm adsjut the left one for low and the right for high this should help some

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Originally posted by green team7@Feb 3 2003, 01:12 PM
They are probably mounted loosely in the hood to cushion some of the blow to the light bulbs. I like the on the fly adjustability, but you really do notice the weight transfer of the sled at night. Lights in the trees on throttle and lights on the ski tips while braking. If you want good lights you are going to need to buy a Yamaha!!!
yep, when i line up against my buddies rx-1, the lights are night and day....

not to mention i can see his tach from across the lake, and unless i rev up i cant barely see mine from my sled....

its sad

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds good. I'll try one high and one low.

Thanks.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Well I noticed that at first when I got my F5...the lights were kinda loose...but I really didnt pay much attention to that problem...and before I sent my machine into town I didnt have one single problem with them...I'm juss waiting for it to come back..so I can ride it like I stole it... :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts