Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Vt'ers....

I'm dropping down tomorrow morning around maidstone lake area. I did some trails in VT last weekend for first time - maidstone, down south a ways, west over to burke, up to island pond, then back again. We hit some very slow moving/single lane trails in and through the burke area. EVerything else was pretty mint.

Here's my questions: leaving from Maidstone area (trail 102) - anyone got a good recommendation for a big day - say 150-200 miles - that keeps it in the open/fast trails? I liked 98 / 102 / powerline....can anyone piece togeter a quick route? I was initially heading straight north up to Canaan area, then west, back down thru IP, then return to maidstone.
Thoughts? Any better recommendations and/or trail #'s to follow?

Thanks all! happy sleddin'

·
Registered
9,674 Posts
OK,...Um, my trail report will be published soon, ..BUT,. if you want big miles stick to essex county, and above all,...!!!AVOID PEACHAM TRAILS!!!!,....see my detailed report soon,....

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Try this:
102s to 2w at ex61 take2/5 to ca49 then follow 5 to ca100 thru the tube and follow up to the lmv railbed. Head west on railbed to ca113 take c15b to 156n to ca56. f14 to ca68 then 14n to os55. 16n to os56 then continue toto os10. 58n to os16 to 5n to os5 then os3. 105e and work your wat to ex10. work your way south down97 tp 97a to 106 to 102 then 98 back to maidstone then have a good night sleep.

Me, I'm going west out of St. j and try a large loop west past stowe on 2 then north to 15 then will see what happens after that.
Good luck, safe riding and watch
for the water bars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts