Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Jan 25, 2003 there is a cystic fibrosis fund raiser ride that goes from the Mass border to the canadian border in one day! It should be about 350 miles for a great cause. No entry fee just get as many pledges as you can. I've done half the state in a day and was pretty whipped but the trails were rough then. They are grooming the route specially for the ride so it should be possible but still a real challenge. This may not seem like huge mileage to those of you who are used to big wide open trails but Vermont is very mountainous with lots of twisty trails. I think the fastest rider will be lucky to average 35mph in southern and central Vermont, maybe a little faster up north plus stops. Most will probably average 25mph. Party at the end for those still able to stand.
Anyone care to give it a shot? My F7 SP will be the first one there!

For more information contact: [email protected] or [email protected] or call Tom at 518-864-9582 or Marion at 802-456-8862
http://www.vtvast.org/calendar.html

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was actually thinking about it.. I heard that they will be patrolling the route so it will be hard to speed much. What are your thoughts on it? How about the logistics and all? I'd like to hear your plans.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Do you guys always have snow in the southern area? I live in southern NH and some years only get 1 or 2 weeks of local riding.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Start at Peters Gen Store at 4am. (C - Corridor) C8 to C9 east to C100 to C C7/100 to C7 to C127 east (Ludlow) to C12 north to C512c to 5A north to C5 (Woodstock) C14 to C112/14 (Williamstown) to C2/14 to C14 to C 232 east to C15B to C234 to C2/5 (Danville) to C C51 east to C51 north to C114 (to Island Pond) to C C114 to C 114 to C105A west to the finish at Chez Pidgeons.
You will need to make arrangements for gas south of Dorset at the intersection of routes 11 and 30 but if several of us get together we can probably have just one vehicle meet us.
I will definately get a motel for the finish and may get one near the start and ride down the day before. Haven't planned that part yet, depends on support vehicle logistics.
I think it would be great to have a Firecat brigade!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Riders will all have pink CF armbands and I've heard that the State Police might have their own group riding. I think because of the nature of the event the police will be understanding of minor infractions as long as they're not blatantly dangerous. They are also doing special grooming the night before.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't think anyplace "always has snow" but that area usually has snow that time of year.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by skikvt@Dec 20 2002, 04:58 PM
Start at Peters Gen Store at 4am. (C - Corridor) C8 to C9 east to C100 to C C7/100 to C7 to C127 east (Ludlow) to C12 north to C512c to 5A north to C5 (Woodstock) C14 to C112/14 (Williamstown) to C2/14 to C14 to C 232 east to C15B to C234 to C2/5 (Danville) to C C51 east to C51 north to C114 (to Island Pond) to C C114 to C 114 to C105A west to the finish at Chez Pidgeons.
You will need to make arrangements for gas south of Dorset at the intersection of routes 11 and 30 but if several of us get together we can probably have just one vehicle meet us.
I will definately get a motel for the finish and may get one near the start and ride down the day before. Haven't planned that part yet, depends on support vehicle logistics.
I think it would be great to have a Firecat brigade!
I wonder why they take it into woodstock? Is 100 still not complete through the stockbridge area? It's been a long time since I've ridden down there. Do you have to take the 'offical route', or can you make shortcuts? ^_^ I'd have to be dropped off the day before.. And I'm not sure where everyone is going to stay in Norton.. hehe, ain't much there!

·
Registered
25 Posts
HI ALL!

My brother Tom is the one who came up with this idea as a way to raise money for Cystic Fibrosis.
It started off small and just started snowballing (no pun intended) from there. This ride is getting alot of publicity and I am guessing that there will be well over 100 riders for this event. I just want to advise everyone who intends to participate that this is NOT A RACE but an endurance ride.. Anyone can attend and there is no need to complete the full ride..

If anyone needs more information on the VT Boarder 2 Boarder Ride please feel free to contact me.
We hope this event goes as planned and that nobody gets hurt so please be safe while riding.

Thanks and Happy Sledding :D
Ed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts