Hardcore Sledder banner

Venture RS

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  tgerdmann 
#1 ·
I have a 2006 Yamaha Venture RS 4 stroke, got about 900km on it. I'm after having to replace the slide rails at 500km. I find that the track has alot of noise coming from it, had it back to the dealer he adjusted the track but still have the same problem Also the track skips alot too when i'm driving hard. both these problems are even worst when i have somebody else on with me.

Do anybody have a fix for this problem or can give me some direction on how to fix.

#2 ·
check some of the other posts here about track noise

my 07 still makes noise

my sliders wore down to about 1/8 " at 500 miles
and
i am still using them, and i just turned 5000 miles on sunday
not going to change them either

a friend of mine put a few extra wheel kits on his 06
to try and help with the sliders

i run about 1 1/2 " of slack on my track
if yours is jumping, try a little less than 1 1/2"
good luck

#4 ·
just over 7000 miles now

still original sliders

just under 1/8th " now

i hope they last the year

i had to change the carbides, a few weeks ago

still running the original belt too :smiley-faces7:

almost forgot,,, the track howl is by far the worst part of this sled
annoying big time

#5 ·
Mine only has 2300 miles, everything is good other than the fact that it is the worst handling sled that I have ever owned. It is VERY darty, and tippy. Does anyone have a solution? I have absolutely no doubt about the sleds reliability and power, but is there any way to get this machine to handle better. To much power for the way it handles. Comfortable, powerful, but probably the worst handling sled that I have ever driven.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.