Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put back on my rack carbs and I need to run pods. What is everyone doing with the ventlines that run into the airbox? Thanks Dan

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Dan i first vented them in the back of the pods i was using K&N . Now i am using KICKASS filters and just letting the vent lines hang down btween the motor and the carbs. Bruce Are you getting your motor back together ?

·
Registered
800 Posts
I ran both of mine about 6" up the choke cable. Even though they aren't both even length, I made sure they both end in the same spot.

I dunno if this is the best thing to do, I just prefer to keep the set-up looking as clean as possible.

I did plug them into the ends of the kickass filters and with 430's in a 2004 800, I was pig rich. Couldn't figure out WTF till I asked the question in the Pro-X forum.

·
Premium Member
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am running the 6" K&N angled filters. I know that my brother let his hang with his ka filters. I had heard some talk a while ago about putting them somewhere but couldn't figure out where. Thanks Dan

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
hook them up to a variflow or atacc, thats prolly the best thing you could do with them.

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
i just let mine hang off the carbs down into the bottom of the sled

·
Premium Member
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. Bruce, I got the pistons overnighted and had her together last friday. I had it all setup for those 48 lectrons but took those off with the throttle cable, choke cable, throttle block. I stole the 42's back from my xr8 and needed the pro x carb boots off it as well. I took them off and they were both ripped. Good thing I checked I may have melted down 2 sleds. I got 2 pair on order. Man I tell you what, riding the wifes new stock sled has me thinking that a stocker is the way to go, until I roll up to the bar. That 700 is not all that impressive, getting beat by 600's is hard on the ego. Can't wait to get the 9 going.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have an 04 Pro XR 440 with an 02 800. Have K & N filters and just started to play with the jetting. I ran my vent lines done into the bulkhead and they hang approx. 1-2 inches below the float bowl.

I have had bid trouble trying to get the jetting good and still haven't found the proper jetting due to warm weather.

The negative about these filters is that at idle, the motor is sucking in warm air from the motor. As you increase your speed the starts to get colder.

i am going to try to get the fittings of the air box and attempt installing them into the filters similar to that of the air box. I don't know if this is possible.
I have also heard of putting on longer vent hoses and running them up to the handle bars.

The lines are for the float bowl pressure. With running the lines down, the pressure is all over the board.

It takes way too long to figure out the jetting so I am going to put on an EGT gauge as well. Checking the plugs and wash and then re jetting takes way too long for my liking.

If worse comes to worse I am just going to put the gutted airbox back on.

Anyone have anything similar? If so what main jets are you running in what temp. and elevation. Remember that the 02 800's were jetted different than 03's and up

Kevin

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
I put back on my rack carbs and I need to run pods. What is everyone doing with the ventlines that run into the airbox? Thanks Dan[/b]

do not run the vent lines to the filters!! you are asking for jetting nightmares if you do. run the vent lines down 6 inches and let them hang down next to the bowls. your jetting will need to be leaned out compared to running an airbox. for instance, my Pro-x 800 with mod air box was jetted with 440 mains, my buddies exact same sled but running filters with hanging vents, jetted to 380 mains. both sleds ran the same jetting with airboxes. it is all about vacuum applied to the float bowls. if you can keep it constant or slight swings, your jetting will be stable. if vacuum is all over the place, so is your jetting. any vacuum in the bowls fights the vacuum from the venturi and results in a leaner air fuel ratio.

·
Premium Member
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Anyone running a tempaflow or an atacc with pods? How does that work, do I need to get my jetting dialed in then attach and forget? I have heard good things about them but never really looked into them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts