Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any problems with exhaust valves breaking? Mine broke recently on the drivers side of the motor and I had just cleaned them 300 miles ago with carb cleaner and no abrasion. I think these are a problem and Polaris needs to correct this. Please add your thoughts...feedback etc.

·
Premium Member
39,129 Posts
Has anyone had any problems with exhaust valves breaking? Mine broke recently on the drivers side of the motor and I had just cleaned them 300 miles ago with carb cleaner and no abrasion. I think these are a problem and Polaris needs to correct this. Please add your thoughts...feedback etc.[/b]

Did you ever replace them with the stainless steel ones? The original aluminum ones are widely known to fail.

Don

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you ever replace them with the stainless steel ones? The original aluminum ones are widely known to fail.
Don[/b]

Unfortunately I was told as long as I clean them regularly I wouldn't need to replace them with stainless. Also, unfortunately I followed this advice.

·
Premium Member
39,129 Posts
Unfortunately I was told as long as I clean them regularly I wouldn't need to replace them with stainless. Also, unfortunately I followed this advice.[/b]
Geeez, I wonder who would be dumb enough to tell you that, make 'em pay for the damage now.

·
Registered
370 Posts
stainless and or titanium r the way to go more durable and stronger..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts