Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this might be one of the stupidest questions you've all heard but,

I just got our first v nose trailer (4 place), it is 102" wide, but loading them isnt as simple as it looks. It has ski guides against each wall. First sled loads ok then have to pull the front end over to the wall to make room for second to come in. As I load the second one in, i get the skis up and in the trailer, then have to pull the sled to that side towards the wall to have enough room for the skis to fit side by side.

Any suggestions on how to angle the sleds towards their respective walls so I can drive in and be done? What does everyone else do? my buddy has to do the same with his trailer, so I dont think this is uncommon.

Thank,
MD

·
Registered
933 Posts
Mines only a two place, but I do the same thing; load one and pull over to the wall, then load the second and pull it over to the wall. If your carbides are good you may get away with steering it.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Try loading from the front. I load LR first (looking from the back), then RR, then LF, then RF. The LF sled I have to slide over the front to the wall and the RF sled I have to slide the rear. If you have guides maybe you can bend or angle them. I dont like guides in the trailer only on the ramps. Its too hard to move the sleds around when you have to pick the sled up and out of the guide vs just sliding it over.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
I've got my ski guides where they make a mild turn towards the wall at the front so there is room for both sleds.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I have a 3 place when I haul 3 I load from front to rear. When I haul 2 I load rear to front I do not have ski guides in trailer only on the ramp doors they get in the way in the trailer.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have a 3 place when I haul 3 I load from front to rear. When I haul 2 I load rear to front I do not have ski guides in trailer only on the ramp doors they get in the way in the trailer.[/b]
I do the same thing --- Got rid of the guides and put down rubber mat wall to wall (Old bedliner rubber)---- easy to load/unload.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I don't know about removing the ski guides all together. I think that would have to be worse if the carbide digs into the plywood, not to mention the mess it would make out of the plywood in only a few loading/unloadings. The ski slides/guides I have are the low profile ones and moving the sleds around on it is very easy, not like the deep groove style. Oh well to eash his own.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
I don't know about removing the ski guides all together. I think that would have to be worse if the carbide digs into the plywood, not to mention the mess it would make out of the plywood in only a few loading/unloadings. The ski slides/guides I have are the low profile ones and moving the sleds around on it is very easy, not like the deep groove style. Oh well to eash his own.[/b]
I have a 3 place in line and load from the front. To protect the original floor I screwed down 1/4 " plywood and after 3 years it's a little tore up but the original floor is untouched. Cost me about $100. I like the smooth floor which is easier on the body when kneeling to make repairs, adjust track, etc.

·
Registered
118 Posts
just to let u know when u load from the front the engine weight of the first to sleds r gonna be way back and not over the axle, so there isnt gonna be much weight on the tong and u want a little weight there

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
just to let u know when u load from the front the engine weight of the first to sleds r gonna be way back and not over the axle, so there isnt gonna be much weight on the tong and u want a little weight there[/b]
Blizzard told me the trailers they build are designed to be loaded from the front, I think they would know what they are talking about.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.