Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any gains to be had using V-force reeds over stock reeds?some people say they work some say stock is better??With twin pipes they should give you some what of a gain. :dunno:

·
Registered
654 Posts
I've never seen anything that reeds didnt work in, it hard to feel a seat of the pants difference with them on the firecats, but they work.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I do know this. They will make your sled sometimes not start with out holding the throttle open just a little when engine is warm. I felt no gains and was concerned about how long the reed petals last because when on a riding trip you wont be going to the store and buying them over the counter. I have read that they will not last near as long as the stocker. If you only get a couple of horses is it worth it?? The firecat is the only machine that I know that they dont work that well in. Cats disign is hard to beat on this one just like the exhaust system IMO.
PS on my banshees they are worth it because they make a noticable improvement.

:div20: :div20:

·
Registered
621 Posts
i hear alot of the efi guys saying that they dont do much but on my 04 carb with slp twins i thought they helped qwite alot, im using the rad valves but pretty much the same as vforce i suppose.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
you def. get more snap from the reeds....my sled it made a big difference when I put boyesen's in.

·
Banned
10,423 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
if you already have them from say your ZR900 and they are practically new...would you throw them your BMP F8? Think I'll notice a difference on it over the OE cages?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts