Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks , I am considering putting v force 3 reeds in my mxzx 800 h.o. power tec. What is the scoop on these and are they worth it? Will I notice any gains? Any knowledge on this would be appreciated.. Thanks..

·
Registered
504 Posts
I wouldn't say you'll be blown away by the performance increase. Some will say zero hp increase, some say a few. I think it does make the throttle a little snappier and it feels like more midrange, but it might all be in my head. The main thing you accomplish is getting the crappy Doo carb/intake boots off your sled before they lean it out and burn down the motor.

·
Registered
104 Posts
IMO, the reeds won't increase horsepower, but they will improve throttle response and you'll be replacing those POS stock boots before your sled burns down.

·
Registered
786 Posts
looks like ski-doo really messed up with that one

·
Registered
22 Posts
looks like ski-doo really messed up with that one[/b]
personally i wouldn't go with vforce reeds, learned from two bad experiences. i had them in my 06' yamaha banshee quad, broke a reed 45 miles from trailer, long ride back on one cylinder. also broke two sets of vforce reeds in my 96' mxz 670, another long ride back. and also have heard same thing from others. either buy the stock carb boots to replace factor install, or try to find just aftermarket carb boots, i think kimpex makes some, but not sure. just put boots on my 05' adrenaline 800, easy install.

·
Registered
477 Posts
personally i wouldn't go with vforce reeds, learned from two bad experiences. i had them in my 06' yamaha banshee quad, broke a reed 45 miles from trailer, long ride back on one cylinder. also broke two sets of vforce reeds in my 96' mxz 670, another long ride back. and also have heard same thing from others. either buy the stock carb boots to replace factor install, or try to find just aftermarket carb boots, i think kimpex makes some, but not sure. just put boots on my 05' adrenaline 800, easy install.[/b]
How in the world did you break them in an MXZ670? Never heard of that happening before. I think you're mistaken. Couldn't happen, no way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts