Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't heard of a single F sled owner installing V-Force reeds.

I have a set in my ZR800 and D&D said they would fit my F8 with no problem.

Is there any value to installing them? All the talk seems to be around the Y-pipe and Bullseyes ( I ordered mine a month ago...haven't seen them yet)

·
Doesn't play well with other
5,450 Posts
I haven't heard of a single F sled owner installing V-Force reeds.

I have a set in my ZR800 and D&D said they would fit my F8 with no problem.

Is there any value to installing them? All the talk seems to be around the Y-pipe and Bullseyes ( I ordered mine a month ago...haven't seen them yet)[/b]

If you already have them, put em in.
Not a huge gain to validate going out and buying them new, but since you have them.............why not. Just a FYI the bottom left bolt on the MAG side and the bottom right bolt on the PTO are a cork sucker to get out. You have to loosen the motor mounts to get the bolts to clear.
Also you have the typical VF hot start issues that guys had on the F6/7's...........not a huge issue but none the less its there.

F&F

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
just a little thought,, if the F8 is really set up lean,, now i say that because because of the DET mabey????? i might be a good idea to wait untill you get some long miles on it ??? just a thought??? you know more air flow = even leaner

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm installing the Y pipe and bullseyes and thought I might tackle this at the same time...looks like a big job though. Maybe I'll wait.

Looks like we're due for a little snow tomorrow. Have you had a chance to travel anywhere to ride ?

I'm hoping to head into Quebec by next weekend, they should have some trails open by then.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have been debating this myself. Took my F8 out yesterday for an 85 mile jaunt and absolutely loved it. I had a pair of V-force on my F7 and although there was a slight difference between my F7 and my brothers, not sure I want to deal with putting them in. I hated the hot start issue and I really don't want to mess around with moving the engine around. By the way, the mid range on the F8 is killer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts