Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured the best way to get accuarate information about the V-Force III Reeds in the F7, was to ask the manufacturer directly. I emailed them my first question last night, and the second one this morning. They got back to me within hours both times. Here is Ryan Melges' from Moto Tassinari responses to my questions.

Mike C's Question:

I am thinking about purchasing V-Force III Reeds to install in my 2003
Arctic Cat F7 EFI. I have read some reports, mostly on snowmobile websites,
about the advantages verse the dangers of using your reeds in an EFI
snowmobile. While I like what your product seems to offer, in increased performance, I am concerned of reports that the increase in airflow may cause a lean condition that results in engine damage.

Could you please comment as to the effects of using your V-Force III Reeds
in my F7? Are the reports of these reeds causing a lean condition in this
EFI sled unfounded? Should the snowmobile be run in Regular or Ethanol mode while using the V-Force III Reeds?

Thank you. I appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions.

Ryan's Answer:

With an EFI sled it can lean the sled a little but on a warm day it won't
hurt your sled and on a cold day if you turn on the ethanol switch you can
run our reeds with out a problem. We have sold allot of reeds to people who
are running F7's and haven't had any problems. Any other questions feel free
to ask.

Mike C's follow-up question:

Thank you for the very prompt response. The only other question I have is, how cold is cold? I just came back from a trip, where the temperature was a constant -10°F. My last trip, the temp was usually around 20°F. So something like around +/-0°F flip the switch, but up around 20°F or 30°F leave it in Regular mode?

Thanks again

Ryan's Answer:

I would say that any thing below 10 degrees F. I would flip the switch but
if you feel the sled running rich shut the switch off.

So there you have it, take it for what it is worth.

;)

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
we ahve a few guys with them and no problems...even at 0, again your own calls...I have run them wot for 3 miles on reg. and 5 degrees.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
i have a set of v3 on mine with 500 miles, and a single problem.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Dan, I believe you. You even said that the sleds had the V-Force and the SW intake right??

I think I am going to wait until next year to add my reeds. I love the way my sled runs with the clutch kit. I have to run it again now that I have the reverse installed and see if I lost any performance.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I've got a set of V-Force III's for the F7.

I had the dealer take them out and re-install the stock ones. Had a cylinder go and deicided I wanted everything stock again.

Dealer doesn't think it was from the actual reeds, says it was either the smart valve, or a possible leak where the reed is mounted.

Who knows, but I am selling the V-Force. I will be placing them on eBay shortly unless any hardcoresledders are interested.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
sorry i forgot a word NOT a single problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts