Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tryed v force 3s. I heard from a buddy they make 4 horse on a land and sea dyno, also heard they may make the sled run lean do to more air flow. So i called moto tasinari, they said run the sled in ethanol mode and check the plugs. Then run in regular mode and check plugs again. So my question is if regular mode is to lean and you have to run in ethanol mode whats the point of gaining 4 horse and richening up mixture by adding 3% more fuel in ethanol mode????????????? Will this make the sled faster??

·
Registered
88 Posts
I added V-3's to my 700xcsp. I can tell you it leaned it out and their is a noticable difference in the snappiness of the throttle. I hit it, it goes. I want to run it against the F7 I have.

Ride on Bro!!

Thaigon

·
Registered
720 Posts
Here is a copy of an old post of mine. I asked the Manufacturer of the V-Force III, what the deal was. I have mine on order.

Mike C's Question:

I am thinking about purchasing V-Force III Reeds to install in my 2003
Arctic Cat F7 EFI. I have read some reports, mostly on snowmobile websites,
about the advantages verse the dangers of using your reeds in an EFI
snowmobile. While I like what your product seems to offer, in increased performance, I am concerned of reports that the increase in airflow may cause a lean condition that results in engine damage.

Could you please comment as to the effects of using your V-Force III Reeds
in my F7? Are the reports of these reeds causing a lean condition in this
EFI sled unfounded? Should the snowmobile be run in Regular or Ethanol mode while using the V-Force III Reeds?

Thank you. I appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions.

Ryan's Answer:

With an EFI sled it can lean the sled a little but on a warm day it won't
hurt your sled and on a cold day if you turn on the ethanol switch you can
run our reeds with out a problem. We have sold allot of reeds to people who
are running F7's and haven't had any problems. Any other questions feel free
to ask.

Mike C's follow-up question:

Thank you for the very prompt response. The only other question I have is, how cold is cold? I just came back from a trip, where the temperature was a constant -10°F. My last trip, the temp was usually around 20°F. So something like around +/-0°F flip the switch, but up around 20°F or 30°F leave it in Regular mode?

Thanks again

Ryan's Answer:

I would say that any thing below 10 degrees F. I would flip the switch but
if you feel the sled running rich shut the switch off.

So there you have it, take it for what it is worth.

·
Registered
879 Posts
If the intake is allowed to flow more air (V-Force) than you must flow more fuel to prevent a lean condition. Air + fuel = HP. 4 HP @ the motor is only about 2 HP at the track. It would be cheaper and more reliable to loose 14 lbs. 1 HP = 7 Lbs. of dead weight. If you can feel 2 HP at the track I would call you a very sensitive man. Women dig sensitive men!!!!!

·
Registered
720 Posts
fiver- I agree. However, someone like me who has already added a clutch kit and the Speedwerx Air Intake, then adds the V-Force. All those little horse power gains add up, don't you think? Like you said, a 2 hp gain at the track you won't feel, but if you do three or four small modifications, say 2 hp at the track each, now you are talking a 6 to 8 hp gain at the track.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I added v-force to my f-5. I was running 370's in it stock. I think I could have run 360's no problem. With the v-force the 370's were very towards the lean side according to the piston wash at 20 degrees. I went back up to 380's and am going to try it as soon as my buddies get here. Power wise I dont think that I can tell too much of a difference, but the sled does seem a little crisper.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Catmaster,

My F5 was crisper with the 360's. I am wondering if the jets make a bigger difference then the reeds, or by jetting back down with reeds does it work out the same. Let me know how it runs with the 380's and reeds.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts