Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of the people who put these reeds in, is it worth the money? If so what kind of gains did you receive? I hooked a log and bent my a-arms and shock so I have my sled tore all apart now so it wouldn't be much more work to put them in now and I am sure i will have to wait for parts I am thinking of putting in the reeds now since I cant ride my sled anyway. It is a f7 snow pro. Also if anyone knows a cheep place to get the a-rms right side and a shock any input is greatly appreciated.

S

·
0 Posts
I was thinkin about Boysen reeds, I had a set of Vforce 2's and the reeds broke the tips after 200miles, Does anyone have avy input on the Vforce 3's?

·
Registered
986 Posts
Vf2 reeds suck the vf3reeds show a nice throddle responce & 2 HP gain on dyno

·
Registered
986 Posts
Thanks Sky Dog BYOFFCR

·
Registered
233 Posts
My brother and I have F7's the only difference is I have the Vforce reeds. It has better throttle response and little more top end with the V-force reeds.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I had mine put in last night bottom and mid seems pretty good. I couldn't test mid-to-top because I just put in a new belt as well. will post more results later on...

·
Registered
308 Posts
boysen makes a good reed too you can just buy the petals without the cage for like 70 bucks i think i used them in my 500 zr and had good results and no problems.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have been useing V-froce reeds for years in my zr 600 zr680, zr711,zr800,zr1010 and now in my F-7 no problems yet . and my budies use them too and we haven't had a problem yet hope this helps

·
Registered
986 Posts
Its a waste of money on a small block like a 500

·
Registered
488 Posts
I have run V force in my triples and liked them pretty well. Yesterday I ran against a friend with a red paitriot F7 with V-force reeds and a Black magic clutch kit. Mine is a Green team cat F7 bone stock. His came out of the hole pretty good and sometimes would stay ahead of me to about 95 then I would start to gain on him. Other times I would pull him out of the hole and all the way down the lake. We were running about a half mile on a lake that was snow covered.
I was already to buy a set of reeds but after yesterday there is no way I'm going to spend the 250 bucks for what he got out of them.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just put them in tonite and took it for a short ride I could really tell the extra power the f7 had now. Seemed like it had alot beter throtle responce. :D

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I'm having a set put in this week also. I'll be able to try it out this Saturday. I
ran a couple MXZ 800's (my cousin and a buddy), this weekend. Beat them, but
not by much. They don't know the reeds are coming! HaHa!

SeymourF7

1 - 17 of 17 Posts