Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found 2 sleds on a local kijiji classifieds. Both sled owners have moved to ny and say that I could deposit the money over ebay and have it stored on there as a deposit until I agree to the arrived snwomobile and I enjoy it then he recieves the payment.

Anyone hear of this and useit?

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Yes, its called Escrow.. If you go to ebay and do a little search you can find out anything you want to know about it. Actually its a very handy tool..

·
Registered
477 Posts
I have found 2 sleds on a local kijiji classifieds. Both sled owners have moved to ny and say that I could deposit the money over ebay and have it stored on there as a deposit until I agree to the arrived snwomobile and I enjoy it then he recieves the payment.

Anyone hear of this and useit?[/b]
It's for ebay sales ONLY- it's controlled by ebay. If you see it's use offered on any other site, it's a scam. The "advertiser" will have a fake ebay escrow account (it will look real but if you source it you will see it's not from ebay) and will ask you to send the money there. You will never see the "sled" or your money again. You've been warned.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Just stick to pay-pal bud. Or just give them a down payment. Then in cash when you get there.

·
Registered
807 Posts
It's for ebay sales ONLY- it's controlled by ebay. If you see it's use offered on any other site, it's a scam. The "advertiser" will have a fake ebay escrow account (it will look real but if you source it you will see it's not from ebay) and will ask you to send the money there. You will never see the "sled" or your money again. You've been warned.[/b]

x2

·
Premium Member
25,555 Posts
It's for ebay sales ONLY- it's controlled by ebay. If you see it's use offered on any other site, it's a scam. The "advertiser" will have a fake ebay escrow account (it will look real but if you source it you will see it's not from ebay) and will ask you to send the money there. You will never see the "sled" or your money again. You've been warned.[/b]
That is what I'm thinking as well.
Mrs red

·
Registered
1,974 Posts

Screams scam are those his words?? agree at the right arrived snowmobile??

·
Registered
12,705 Posts

And this didn’t set off the bells & whistles?

Tell them you have family near them and you would like one of your cousins to go look at the sled. If they think it is worth the money they will give him half the money down.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts