Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Polaris Indy XCR 850 136
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Used sled prices have been crazy for a while now but I saw this earlier on Facebook and my jaw dropped.... I don't think he will get that price but I bet he still gets way more than its worth
Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive lighting

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
CA or US?
Mileage?
I agree he is asking a lot for that sled. Nice machine👍
It's a 121" too

·
Registered
718 Posts
Just missed on a 1998 ZRT 600 with under 3000 mi for $1100.00...Looked real clean from the pics...Could probably have flipped it for close to double...Now im on the fence with a 1994 T-Cat...4500 mi...Again pics look clean...$1500.00...Storage space is full, no where to put this stuff...

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
My old sled is a carb. Over 8000 miles (I forget exactly but it's up there) the studs are worn down pretty good, and every other season she needs a battery. But still has all her compression and runs mint.

If that sled was started regularly, has no old gas, probably a decent sled. Looks like it was stored inside and that makes a big difference.

But $8200 heck no. Like you said it still is the age it is. I'm of the mind it's always better for mechanical things to get run instead of sitting.

Reactions: j.ivancic

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Agreed, that sled has basically sat for 10 years. Depending where it sat and if it was greased and fogged before sitting would make a big difference overall. If its in good shape which it looks like it is I could see it going for like 6500 in todays market but what he's asking is insane. I bet we will see a lot more sleds priced like this one in the coming months.

·
Registered
2006 Polaris Fusion 600, 2021 Arctic Cat Norseman 8000X
524 Posts
Makes me want to put my '06 Fusion up for sale. Had to rebuild the motor a few years ago. I could probably recoup a good portion of that.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
I won't sell. I lobbied my h not to sell his backup sled either. That's just asking for trouble.

Omg if his #1 ride goes down and he can't get parts...bad day for me. When he's angry it affects everyone around him. He's one of those guys that will brood and make sure we all know how miserable he is. He doesn't handle disappointment well. Better to have the old iron around. And I know he hates riding my sleds.

Reactions: Go Bruins Go

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
i had a 2012 mxz 600x with 500 miles that I sold for $5900 last year. It is what the market will pay. Price trailers now. Hybrids are 7400+! Friend just bought one. Used clamshells $3500. I saw that XRS too.

·
Registered
2020 Indy XCR 850
515 Posts
When I see the posts from people new to the sport, looking at overpriced ten year old sleds with over 5,000 miles on them, I cringe. They should save themselves the aggravation and just wait to get into the sport until next year.

·
Registered
45,139 Posts
When I see the posts from people new to the sport, looking at overpriced ten year old sleds with over 5,000 miles on them, I cringe. They should save themselves the aggravation and just wait to get into the sport until next year.
Yeah, but look at all the fun they'd be missing having to constantly repair these 10 year old sleds....nothing will build character quicker.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just saw a 2006 Crossfire 700 with 4700 miles listed for $4700 too lol

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
There's a "learning curve" to be sure. Especially if someone has zero mechanical apptitude.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Anyone who buys that will be best served to tear the motor out of it an tear it down, service the crank with isoflex and depending on mileage pop some new pistons in it. All new gaskets and seals. And not for that price either. Friend of mine bought a rev that sat most of it's life.. seized the crank in 3 rides. Crank was dry as a bone.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts