Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No one stocks them.

Went to replace my Hyfax and noticed one cap is worn through and the other is probably close.

HELP>>>>

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So my hyfax were very thin in the front so I bought new ones before my trip. Went to put them on and noticed that Rail Cap was worn down to expose the rail.

Nobody stocks the part and the ProX is unique so I could not use my buddy's edge ones in a pinch.

We are swapping parts from a 94 and 96 XCR 440's to make one good sled. So I pull the rail caps off the 94 and assume it will be a complete nightmare to get it on there if at all.

Five minutes with a dremel and they bolted right up. They are shorter so luckily the new hyfax have extra material in front of the mounting bolt.

I am riding! Disaster narrowly averted.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Great Job..Jeff!! Did that one too on my storm late last year. Had a skid from who knows what. I took it and thru it up in the vise and did my fancy work and it worked. Sometimes it pay's to have some stuff lay around or know someone who does. Have fun today and keep the track side down. I'm not gonna say .....stay warm . Since we know where we live :cold: and just another day in paradise...........later. :summer_sucks:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts