Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering how much of a difference a shock would make being upside down? I have a new just out of the crate 2005 sabercat and the front shocks have the tightner at the bottom. Now I have seen photo's of the exact same sled with the shock in both positions(tightner top, tightner bottom). First off, which is right? also how much pressure should be in the shocks? We have 2 of these sleds and they are totally different as far as the stiffness of the front end. one sled has shocks tensioned right up and the other not to achieve the same stiffness. they both have under 200 miles on them.

·
Premium Member
3,411 Posts
don't think it matters.
because of the hose to the remote resivour the shocks on my snopro mount opposite of the ones on my buddys standard.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I am wondering how much of a difference a shock would make being upside down? I have a new just out of the crate 2005 sabercat and the front shocks have the tightner at the bottom. Now I have seen photo's of the exact same sled with the shock in both positions(tightner top, tightner bottom). First off, which is right? also how much pressure should be in the shocks? We have 2 of these sleds and they are totally different as far as the stiffness of the front end. one sled has shocks tensioned right up and the other not to achieve the same stiffness. they both have under 200 miles on them.[/b]

it doesn't matter like the guy said above.....its all about convience for the shocks with the remote resivoir..

·
Registered
374 Posts
The front stock shocks on Sabercats don't have resivors. They are the gas charged spring type. My Sabercat is an 05 700 and the spring adjusters are facing down. I have often wondered the same thing, because the coil springs are tapered and they rub on the upper control arm. I wonder if you flip them the valving would'nt work properly. Someday I will put in sno pro shocks with resivors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts