Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody know when the gas tanks are comin in? :dunno: my sled has been sitting at dealer for almost 4 weeks getting antsy to tinker and put some of my accessories on

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by mnmsnowbeast@Oct 14 2005, 05:13 PM
Yes mine is in getting the tank installed as we speak,he ordered it two days ago.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=930133
[/quote]
so they have the tank already? i asked my dealer after it was there2 weeks and he said still waiting for tank. and they usally get my stuff done righ away

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by 900cfi@Oct 15 2005, 12:30 PM
What's with the new tank on the 05 fusion?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=931518
[/quote]
the tank was apparently rubbing on the steerin hoop and are getting thin and could rupture and start a fire. safety recall. they inspect the tank replace if nesecary and install something so the tank doesnt rub on the hoop. they way it sounds a lot of them are getting thim most lkely will be replacing a lot of them

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Originally posted by Pol900@Oct 14 2005, 08:27 PM
hey pete I thought you already traded it for the Apex.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=930560
Hi chris,not yet but boy i guess my tank was almost thru acording to his mechanic,and yes he had my tank in front of me yesterday just out of the box looks bigger when its out of the box just sitting there,i guess the hockey puck motormount  that they installed last year is the same as the new ones so they did not change it out,and they had the new 150.00 belt in stock too,so i asked what would change the vibration problem that it had last year,if all that really changed was to hone the clutch and index it 180 degrees and install the new belt?? I am afraid the bad fusions from last year will remain bad thru 06 as well,as it does not look like much has been changed as far as updates,also no more reflashing,just the original one we had,and my sled still burns so rich it burns your eyes,dealer said it dumps fuel in when decelerating wtf is up w/that,why would it be adding fuel when decelerating,ya i can see some fuel like being on the pilot system but for it to dump so much in as to lower you milage to 6-9 mpg come on whats up w/that,well at least they fixed the gas tank problem,that could of made for a very hot ride lol so chris whats up dude we going to ride this year,regardless of what model sled i am on?? My little buddy bought a house on long lake in van buren or just outside of there,some great trails up there,give me a call when ya get a chance.. Pete :div20:[/quote]

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
I had gotten a new tank on mine and it took three days. It had rub markes on it in three spots. :banana:

·
Registered
555 Posts
When I udjust the tension on my tracks, I usually go out on the ice and adjust them. Loosen them up a bunch and tighten back up until they stop racheting...like half a turn. Takes a few starts but I know that the track is at the absolute best adjustment for speed/fuel economy. A track thats to tight KILLS h.p.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by Need-the-Speed@Oct 16 2005, 09:47 AM
When I udjust the tension on my tracks, I usually go out on the ice and adjust them.  Loosen them up a bunch and tighten back up until they stop racheting...like half a turn.  Takes a few starts but I know that the track is at the absolute best adjustment for speed/fuel economy.  A track thats to tight KILLS h.p.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=932813
[/quote]
exactly same thing i do just tight enough not to ratchet. my fuse was way too tight when i got it. it was slowing the sled down when u let off. i beleive that is the reason most people are changin slides every year because everybody think the tracks need to be as tight as the old low travel sleds.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I hoping this isn't the cure for my W/E shocks hitting the track on the inside and gouging it out. I'm hoping I'll be able to find out why it's hitting, fix it and leave the tension where I like it , because I set my tension the same way :beerchug:

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Originally posted by fire_chief@Oct 15 2005, 06:51 PM
I had gotten a new tank on mine and it took three days.  It had rub markes on it in three spots. :banana:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=932000
[/quote]Hi chris,what are you doing over christmas,i get 5 or so days we can hook up,my friend bought a house way up north,we may want to rip it up,in the north country,his house can sleep plenty,all depends on snow,lets keep in touch :beerchug: pete

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
6,145 Posts
Originally posted by StevieWonder@Oct 16 2005, 09:12 AM
I want to know about the new track tension update. because i don't think a tighter track makes you go faster :doh:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=932767
[/quote]
Well, it's pretty simple, 7/8' to 1 1/8" of pulldown between the clip and the hyfax with 10 lb. of pulldown, 16 inches forward of the rear idler.

What tension have you been running?

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
god i am getting sick of wating for my fuckin sled i want to tinker.has been sitting at dealer 4 weeks now called them and the warranty guy wasnt there today but it said on the computer waiting for fuel sys updates. wtf are parts backordered anyone know? :banghead:

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
6,145 Posts
Oct. 14, Polaris had a new safety alert for all 05 900 tanks. It is in the '05 update information pinned at the top of the Fusion forum. They need a fuel neck reinforcing insert. The parts are at least 1 week away. It is not clear if the fuel tanks that have already been replaced, will also need the fuel neck reinforcement.

This newest safety alert also applies to some early build 06 IQ sleds.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Originally posted by ExcursionPSD@Oct 17 2005, 04:43 PM
Oct. 14, Polaris had a new safety alert for all 05 900 tanks.  It is in the '05 update information pinned at the top of the Fusion forum.  They need a fuel neck reinforcing insert.  The parts are at least 1 week away.  It is not clear if the fuel tanks that have already been replaced, will also need the fuel neck reinforcement.

This newest safety alert also applies to some early build 06 IQ sleds.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=935547
[/quote]

well i'm still confused........fuel tank replacement:does it apply to all 05 or early builts? i assume so......if i have not been advised by the factory

i understand about that neck reinforcement.

thanks

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by Mid-Range@Oct 17 2005, 06:54 PM
well i'm still confused........fuel tank replacement:does it apply to all 05 or early builts? i assume so......if i have not been advised by the factory

i understand about that neck reinforcement.

thanks
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=935926
[/quote]
im am assuming they take the tank off if it has been rubbing on steering hoop if it has been rubbing they replace the tank because it is getting thin and could rupture. i think they put something around tank so it doesnt rub

1 - 20 of 23 Posts