Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished up an updated Wisconsin GPS map that's freely available for download on my site. It doesn't cover every trail, but thanks to the people who have contributed data, it's quite extensive. It's available as a transparent trails only map that on a Garmin GPS can be drawn over Garmin's Topo or City Navigator software, and also a complete version that includes roads, lakes, and rivers, so you don't need any other map packages for the background. it's also available for Magellan (Explorist and Meridian series), and Lowrance GPSrs. This is a real GPS map like what you'd buy from Garmin or Magellan, not just tracks and waypoints. Installation instructions are posted on the download pages.

Many thanks to Scott Hostetler, MKS, and Kevin Hafner who contributed data for the map.

If you have any problems with the map, please let me know. Enjoy!

http://www.gpssledmaps.com/maps/

[attachment=414546:wi_gar_3.jpg] [attachment=414547:wi_low_1.jpg]

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Thanx man - Appreciate all the hard work !!!!!!!!

I got the U.P. maps which are sweet and i know you guys have been working on Wisconsin

Got my new Garmin CSX 60 for Christmas , what a upgrade over my Etrax Vista

Now a new mount needed for the sled and start playing

Thanx Scott

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There was a problem with one of the sections of the Garmin complete version of the map. I just fixed it, so if you downloaded it within the last few days, you might want to get the fixed version. Uninstall the old version before installing the new one.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just a reminder to all you lucky people in southern WI - if you have a GPS, track your trails and send them to me or upload them to the website. The WI map is thin in the South, so any new data would be awesome.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts