Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wonderful dealer has yet to get any update kits or parts for the updates on the F5.
I read a while back that someone replace the bolts on the front arm (that were to short) with a quarter inch longer one, is this the correct update a longer bolt or shorter nut ?
The reason I am asking I installed a 3/8 16x2.50 grade 5 bolt (replacing the 3/8 16x2.25 grade 5 bolt) and that bolt looks like it could catch the limiter strap - not much clearence.
Any response would be nice and another thing if you use Loctite on the axle and big nut that could cause the bracket on the other side to turn - causing a alignment change and binding on the bolt, when you have to do another track adjustmnent, clean the threads.
Thanks Steve

·
Registered
23 Posts
All the bolt update is on the front arm is a longer bolt. You still use the same washers and nuts there. The main thing is-just go long enough to catch the lock on the nut. In this kit there is also new bolts that go through the front block on the slides. You take the screw out and the nut and replace it with a regular 1/4 inch bolt, two washers and a locknut, making sure the bolt is also just long enough to catch the lock in the nut. The third and final thing this update says to do is cut the two nylon ties securing the ignition coil, remove the pto side spark cap from wire, the other spark plug cap from plug, turn the coil 180 degrees so that the high tension leads go down-the orange and black wires up and secure coil with two new tie straps. Run the high tension leads in between the water hose and engine. Install cap and put both caps on spark plugs. This is just basically getting the pto side high tension lead from out behind the steering post.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts