Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Dumb shit should have stopped and owned up to what he did. No longer a minor at the age of 18, just give himself a criminal record for the rest of his life! I only hope that the injuries don't leave the operator with any permanent disablilities.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
I hope for people that ride up there that the person who was hit was not the landowner. If it was you can kiss the trail bye bye...Patrick you stupid shit...

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Come on folks like i said in my other post lets help this guy out he is going to be fucked up for a long time with 2 broken legs 1 broken arm and other shit lets all donate 10-20 dollars each to this guy i will set a fund up at my local bank to send money to this will show him that not all snowmobilers are aholes

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
I'm only 15 years old and I'll donate $10.00, so I think everyone else can come up with $10 or so dollors. I feel so bad for this guy. He was just out walking his dog.

Sorry for my english but "FUCK YOU PATRICK ROSA!!!!!"

Great idea T660man, and just tell me when you get a fund setup and I'll stop by a bank ASAP.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Come on folks like i said in my other post lets help this guy out he is going to be fucked up for a long time with 2 broken legs 1 broken arm and other shit lets all donate 10-20 dollars each to this guy i will set a fund up at my local bank to send money to this will show him that not all snowmobilers are aholes[/b]
Can you set it up to accept Paypal? That way people could donate instantly instead of waiting for their "Round Tuit" to come.

·
Registered
215 Posts
The night the gentlemen was hit. I was riding in Kezar Falls Area 10 miles away. The fog was so thick in the open areas you could not see 10 feet in front of the sled. The news also stated the Limrick Airport where the man was hit was off limits to sleds this year.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Here's a story I found on WGME news.

Snowmobile Hit and Run Accident
Matt Lunt, Producer
Last update: 8 hours 59 minutes ago
The Maine Warden Service arrested Patrick Rosa, 18, of Limerick on Saturday night in relation to the snowmobile hit and run accident that happened in that town on Friday. Rosa was charged with aggravated assault, but the investigation is not ending with Rosa's arrest, according to Warden Service Investigator Phillip Dugas.

"We believe that there are others involved and the investigation is continuing," Dugas said.

Dugas said Rosa was driving a Ski-Doo Mach Z, a 1000cc machine, at an alleged high rate of speed.

"It's a big machine," Dugas said. "And powerful."

Rosa is being held at the York County Jail on $5000 cash bail.

42 year old Darren Smith of Limerick was walking his dog around 9:30pm Friday behind his home on the Limerick Air Field airstrip when he was struck by a snowmobile. He's now at Maine Medical Center in serious condition.

Earlier that day, Mr. Smith had filed a complaint with the York County Sheriff's Office because snowmobilers were using the airstrip -a piece of property that historically was available to snowmobilers but recently was posted as off limits to sledding. Investigator Dugas said it appears that Rosa was not one of the snowmobilers that Smith complained about earlier in the day.

Anyone with information on this incident is asked to call the Maine State Police at 1-800-482-0730.

Smith's dog, a 1-2 year old shepherd mix named Phoebe, was also injured in this incident and is being treated at the Animal Emergency Clinic in Portland but will need costly treatment, possibly including surgery. Contributions are being taken to help with the cost of Phoebe's care. Anyone who wants to donate to the Pet Assistance Fund at the Animal Emergency Clinic can call them at 878-3121.

No meant to be disrespectful, or to defend anyone, but it sure seems like there is more to this story.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Come on folks like i said in my other post lets help this guy out he is going to be fucked up for a long time with 2 broken legs 1 broken arm and other shit lets all donate 10-20 dollars each to this guy i will set a fund up at my local bank to send money to this will show him that not all snowmobilers are aholes[/b]
This is a great idea T660man !! As I said, count me in for $10. I would give more but I have my own hit and run to deal with. Paypal works great. Please don't drop the ball here. Thank you for you effort. God bless you.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I'm sure the accident itself was unintentional .. the kid probably didn't go out with the goal to run someone over.

With that said .. the fuckin' asshole should sit his sorry ass in jail for a long time for leaving the poor guy out there and not helping him. I don't know how the guy was found or if he had to crawl to help with 2 busted legs but I can guarentee you he suffered through it. There's no excuse good enough for leaving someone out in the cold like he did.

Fuckin' asshole

·
Registered
246 Posts
Keep us updated T660 . . . this is something that I would definitely be interested in contributing to . . . incidents like this unfortunately give many sledders a proverbial black eye . . . kind of reminds me of the incident a year or so back when the sledder ran into the guy with the sled dogs and kept on riding.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts