Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
With everything that's going on with this virus has anyone heard anything about restrictions on the upcoming season
Out of state residents restrictions
Businesses being afflicted
Hope for the best for the upcoming season

Registered
2005 polaris 700 XC-SP F/O & 1980 Polaris TX-L
Im wondering the same. We are hoping to plan a trip to Eagle river this next February, and are wondering if motels are open or are going to be open. Maybe motels arent affected. 馃槙

Registered
I don't know about other states but at the end of May and into June we took a motorcycle trip to NW Pa and stayed at the Canyon Motel in Wellsboro Pa for 4 days. The only restrictions we came across were wearing masks when in public.

Registered
2005 polaris 700 XC-SP F/O & 1980 Polaris TX-L
I don't know about other states but at the end of May and into June we took a motorcycle trip to NW Pa and stayed at the Canyon Motel in Wellsboro Pa for 4 days. The only restrictions we came across were wearing masks when in public.
Ok. Thanks for the info.

Registered
20 XCR 850, 21 VR1 650, 21 VR1 850
I鈥檓 disappointed that Quebec will more than likely be out this season. I wasn鈥檛 very concerned about riding in the states until watching the evening news last night, the doom and gloom being painted by the main stream media for this coming fall and winter doesn鈥檛 look good for any recreational sport. Who knows the king of NY may not open the trail system up and also restrict travel to neighboring states. The king has already set in place restrictions for traveling to 22 states as of today I鈥檓 sure the list will only grow between now and winter. I haven鈥檛 watched the news since months ago and really wish I didn鈥檛 watch it last night. Let鈥檚 all hope for the best.

Registered
I can't blame the Canadians for not wanting us, just looks at all of the maskless people in some States in crowded bars and crowded beaches. Idiots.

Registered
will be interesting. hopefully the trail funding doesn't get cut from state budgets. I know when this first hit places like old forge were very tense with locals and out of state home owners fighting on if they can visit or not.

Registered
In the mid eighties NYS began requiring that atvs and dirt bikes be registered. The registration monies were to be used for the establishment of a trail network. That was almost forty years ago and there is not a single foot of public trail. Where did all that money go?
Do not think for a moment that the legislature will not 鈥榬eallocate鈥 our sled registration dollars.

Registered
Unless something changes drastically the sledding season will be happening here. Cabins where we stay are open right now and completely full for the summer.

Registered
In the mid eighties NYS began requiring that atvs and dirt bikes be registered. The registration monies were to be used for the establishment of a trail network. That was almost forty years ago and there is not a single foot of public trail. Where did all that money go?
Do not think for a moment that the legislature will not 鈥榬eallocate鈥 our sled registration dollars.
If I were still riding I would not register until King Koumo says the trails will definitely open along with the bars and restaurants. The clubs need volunteers more than money if the trails are not allowed to open.

HCS Ambassador
2014 ZR8000lxr 19-20 mileage = 904.5
Atvs and dirt bikes get screwed in every state due to not having a state association that is responsible to get lawmakers to do something about the money collected from them. So, they just reallocate the money to hikers and bikers who don't pay a dime for their trails. It's a scam. Just like a lot of political things that happen under the covers.

Steve

Registered
In the mid eighties NYS began requiring that atvs and dirt bikes be registered. The registration monies were to be used for the establishment of a trail network. That was almost forty years ago and there is not a single foot of public trail. Where did all that money go? Do not think for a moment that the legislature will not 鈥榬eallocate鈥 our sled registration dollars.
It was 1986.

And the money was moved into the general fund to pay for State programs like welfare. Downstate Democrats could care less if Upstate residents have public trails to ride on. However, there are SOME public "trails" in the Tug Hill region but these were not funded by the State, rather they were funded by smart counties and towns that realized the economic and environmental benefits of legitimate trails.

Fortunately, the NY snowmobile community has the NYSSA and NYSSA volunteers to lobby for us in Albany. ATV riders in NYS are not organized so they get nearly NOTHING in return for their registration fees.
Atvs and dirt bikes get screwed in every state due to not having a state association that is responsible to get lawmakers to do something about the money collected from them. So, they just reallocate the money to hikers and bikers who don't pay a dime for their trails. It's a scam. Just like a lot of political things that happen under the covers.
No, ATV and dirt bike riders do no get screwed in EVERY State. There are public ORV trails in Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virgina just to name a few.

Again, ATV riders in NYS are not organized so they get nearly NOTHING in return for their registration fees.

Registered
It was 1986.

And the money was moved into the general fund to pay for State programs like welfare. Downstate Democrats could care less if Upstate residents have public trails to ride on. However, there are SOME public "trails" in the Tug Hill region but these were not funded by the State, rather they were funded by smart counties and towns that realized the economic and environmental benefits of legitimate trails.

Fortunately, the NY snowmobile community has the NYSSA and NYSSA volunteers to lobby for us in Albany. ATV riders in NYS are not organized so they get nearly NOTHING in return for their registration fees.

No, ATV and dirt bike riders do no get screwed in EVERY State. There are public ORV trails in Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virgina just to name a few.

Again, ATV riders in NYS are not organized so they get nearly NOTHING in return for their registration fees.
Agree 100% people bitch and moan about ATVs being left out while they are too lazy to organize and become a force.
ATVs get a black mark to start off because they continue to use a solid rear axle rather than a differential which results in every turn tearing up the terrain. There are quads available that have differentials but few people buy them because they are more money and usually utility class ATVs. A machine with a locking differential that is used properly results in less damage to turf and less attention from the treehuggers...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts