Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, not that kind of chafing. The kind you get from trailering 600 miles with an open trailer, with a supercover over a shiny new black polaris hood. I remember seeing advertisements for some sort of soft fabric cover to keep this from happening some years back. Anybody ever try one or have one to give up? I don't have the coin for an enclosed trailer, and I don't have any rich riding buddies. That supercover works well, but the heavy boat-cover type material is considerably rougher than canvas. - Thanks in advance - J.P.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I use a soft, thin bed sheet directly over the hood, then I use a small piece of tight fitting plastic over the hood and then I use my canvas cover. It keeps the hood scratch free and also doesn't let salt stains settlle on the hood after they soak through your cover...which they always do. '03 and the hood looks good as the day I picked it up.

·
Premium Member
2022 VR-1 850
4,029 Posts
I used to use an undercover before I upgraded to a in-closed, in a word they work great.

But as the others have said, you can get the same results by using your imagination a little bit!

The under cover was very similar to a light weight blanket type of material, I believe it was 100% poly so that it would not rot or shrink.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Here is the one I just bought ..... But haven't been out on the road yet. I have salt shield and cover, but after (3) trips I already had the 'chafing' from the cover flapping in the breeze on my new Switchback. Polished most out - looking good again. Will have to wait and see if the undercover works.

http://www.jrgraham.com/jrgc/hsrun.exe/web...&RECTYPE=IS

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.