Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,

Got back from Old Forge, NY on Saturday night, and got a chance to wash my new baby (Black team arctic std F5). Had to get all the trail grime off of her.

Anyways.... as I was rinsing her off, I gave her a good rinse down..... I didn't hose down the engine, but I sprayed the hood REALLY good.

I then proceeded to open the hood to let any water drain out, then dry.

I then wiped it down with a Chamois, and let air dry for 20 mins. I started her up to get any water off of the pipe, etc... and when I fired her up, the temp light came on. I figured, Well, some water got in somewhere and is shorting out something, no problem, put her by a heater over night, and went to wax her today, and started her up, still, the same light, AND NOW the LOW OIL LIGHT is on, with 3/4's of a tank of OIL in it...... I have two options, turn on the air compressor and blow out the computer box on top of the airbox, or blow out the gauge pod with air, maybe the water is screwin with the electronics?????

Can anybody help me out???

Steve

PS.... Raced a XC600, and a MXZ 700 and a 700 Yammy, got the 700's for a good 1/8th of a mile before they got me, the holeshot was INCREDIBLE, AWESOME SLED....

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
steve,
use compressed air to dry out your electrical plugs , all of them . but when you put them back together use some dialetric grease so this wont happen again . youll be ok, in a little time. ^_^

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
F5 SnoPro,

Thanks, however, I think I also have the darn recall on my low oil light / sensor too..... cuz when I was riding last time, it would blink off and on, and I know I had at least 3/4's of a tank, not only that, but I topped it off when I topped off the gas and the gas was only down to 3/4's of a tank......

Go figure

·
Registered
8 Posts
wife had temp light come on after first 40 miles of riding(black std F5). Shut engine down (heads were not hot) and let sit for 20 minutes. Decided to continue with light on stopping every few miles to check (heads never got hot and coolant was flowing). After 15 miles light went off and rode hard another 10 miles. Dropped at dealer for check and pull cord fix (piece of metal using existing star head screws for rope to go over) and said nothing wrong. We were crossing open creeks causing engine compartment to get quite dirty (some hood screens might be needed). Dealer said light indicates sensor in engine, was wondering if this is true or not.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
i posted on this a while ago and no one seemed to care, after riding took sled off trailer hosed off and low oil light on,
went to florida for a week with wife and kids ,
got home low oil light was not on
sled is stored in my heated shop,
i was carefull not to spray direct water on electrical compents or guage, so not sure where the problem is.
i would think a snowmobile should be able to get wet, snow melts!

·
Registered
485 Posts
:huh: This must be a common quirk. After a trip through the "coin-op" my temp and oil light would come on very faintly. It goes away after things dry up a bit. Isn't it nice to the know that the bulbs are working?? :wacko:

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
nice to know bulbs are working yes
untill you are trail ridig and the snow under the hood melts and turns the lights on, and you have to wonder is it a wet issue or a real problem

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well guys, heard the problem. Whats the answer? I had light filcker a little too. whose got a fix?" post IT !!!!!!! I like to know whats really happening when the lights go on. I know mr Arctic Cat is listing in so let us know whats the story? Or will you just pay for new engine when it goes because lights are useless like this. Or are we only to ride these sleds on warm sunny days?

·
Registered
485 Posts
:p I had enough snow on the cat to clog up the intake but t,he light never came on, can hardly wait to try some waterskipping, I hear these cats not only like getting their paws wet they practically float :blink:

·
Registered
485 Posts
;) in what respect, sinking it ( been lucky so far, wouldn't flooding a e.f.i. sled be a nasty thing to do ?) or clogging intake with snow, which shouldn't happen since a snowmobile truly is supposed to operated in the snow. Just wonder what you're getting at here?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts