Hardcore Sledder banner
81 - 100 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
We had a 91 Formula Plus. Red on red. Big heavy fiberglass cowl on her.
Bought a punched out 670 (it had a 583) put that in and that was my first race sled. We called her "big red". Boy she could hook up. Ya ugly.
Imho Polaris makes one ugly sled after another. No offense. I know a lot of poo riders. They make a good sled.
But ugly fugly.
They didn’t come out with the 583 until 94.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Well since it’s the number 1 selling sled. A lot of people must think it’s a good looking sled. You must be in the minority. Just saying.
lmao… ok. Cry a little more because someone thinks your style sled is ugly. All I did is answer the question, It was nothing personal. Your screen name fits.

·
Registered
2011 Rush Pro R 800
761 Posts
We had a 91 Formula Plus. Red on red. Big heavy fiberglass cowl on her.
Bought a punched out 670 (it had a 583) put that in and that was my first race sled. We called her "big red". Boy she could hook up. Ya ugly.
Imho Polaris makes one ugly sled after another. No offense. I know a lot of poo riders. They make a good sled.
But ugly fugly.
Have you seen any of the newer ski doo models? Actually anything from the rev and up is the ugliest things on the snow.
The zx chassis was good looking for sure though.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Sled was a 91 and I believe came stock with a 521 if memory serves. The guy we got it from put the 583 in it. Bought from a fellow we called Billy the kid around these parts.

Beauty is in the "eye of the beholder" for sure☺
I don't like the Gen4 that much. I won't be upgrading for another year or two. But most likely I'll stick with BRP.

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
View attachment 2122686

Raider twin track, ugly as a pile of camel crap. Rode like one too, virtually no handling.
Terrible performing sled? Yes. Ugly? No. I remember when they first appeared on the trail, they were super cool and futuristic looking. Too bad they handled terribly and were difficult to get unstuck.

Reactions: dskofich

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
The Raider Eagle, Super Eagles, and Double Eagles had really cool graphics and looked great back in their day.

I tend to agree that the early Mercury sleds were the worst, then a previously listed Boa Ski. Then Viking, then the Massey Ferguson Ski Whiz.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
I tend to agree that the early Mercury sleds were the worst, then a previously listed Boa Ski. Then Viking, then the Massey Ferguson Ski Whiz.
For some reason, those Ski Whiz machines looked attractive to me. Maybe because they had a rugged, truck-like look? Don't know...

I do know my old Arlbereg 25 was no beauty pageant winner. With the curved-slope nose, offset headlight and tri-color seat, it was just not good looking to me. But I was 11 years old, and it was a gift from an uncle who picked it up cheap at an auction.
Snow Automotive design Sled Winter sport Sports gear

Photograph Motor vehicle Black Font Automotive design

81 - 100 of 112 Posts