Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 99 T-Cat with power breather, ceramic coated pipes & reed spacers & clutched, I ordered Ufo's from MCB performance, he said I need 17.5 pilots & leave main's alone (running 370's) he said I might need to adjust air screws, Is anyone running them on this machine & how did you tune it? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
353 Posts
A guy I now uses them on his tuned TC. If you're about to use them, get a EGT!!
He has had serious problems with fuel economy. Ridin' with #10 pilots and may still have some problems some days. It alters everything in the carbs. As said, they might give you 1 hp per 100cc:s. But reaching this figure you will spend alot of time on the lake.
If you look aside from the countless hours on the lake and the money spent on jetting the up to 10 hp's you might get are sheap!

·
Registered
485 Posts
I had them on my 99 Tcat. I took them out due to sleds appetite for additional fuel. I set the carbs up according to the directions supplied by MCB but it still continued to eat fuel quite noticabley more then when the sled was stock. The sleds throttle response was greatly improved with the UFO's. I would have never taken them out but the gas milage suffered bad. I don't have an EGT either though so that is possibley the key to getting it tuned in just right. They claimed better gas milage with UF0's but i dont know anyone who has noticed better fuel economy with UFO's intalled. BTW, i ran 350 mains and the smallest pilot jet i could get my hands on and eventually just gave up and pulled the UFO's. BTW... Do you have oil pump on your Tcat turned down also?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts