Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone been to Paradise? Planning on leaving on the 2nd early
in the morning any info would be greatly app.

·
Registered
248 Posts
^_^ We were close. Went to newberry on the 27 and 28th of Dec. Enough snow, hundreds of sleds, bumpy trails and it was great. First time out on my F5 and 200 miles later everything held togeather. They need more snow, trails are icey in the corners but still more snow then I see at home. Check with the locals, there are some wet areas so be careful. Check out www.showmethesnow.com and scroll down to upper michigan and you can get to paradise. Have fun and stay on the right!

·
Registered
148 Posts
just got back about 6 pm and there is plenty of snow and it was snowing when we left they didnt groom cause of new years but they should be tonight or tomarrow you will have a great time, lots of sleds though...

·
Registered
534 Posts
I was in Paradise over Christmas. 25, 26, 27, 28.

Trails were in good enough shape to ride on. With an f7, trails were in excellent condition. (truthfully a good amount of whoops and bumps on the Whitefish point loop at times. and toward T. Falls.)

The trail from T falls to Newberry was closed. Heard they only had 2 inches in Newberry (during Christmas)

The groomers had groomed trail 8 toward Whitefish point. Some of the Whitefish point trail was not groomed when I last rode. Dec 28. probably because that section was narrow and not a part of the main trail.

Even saw a groomer between Grand Marais and Pine Stump. They had base and are grooming.

If the weather warm up from Monday Dec 30 didn't hit them hard, it should be a good time.

In Detroit this week it hit 57 degrees at night, hoping that warm up spell didn't reach upper Michigan.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Thanks for the Cabin Cam site. I'll be keeping an eye on that for the next few weeks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts