Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its a 2011 Polaris Pro R 600. Had problems all last year with dying problems. Would go for a short distance then loose all power. After getting to a stop it would start first pull. This sounds like a typical TSS issue.
We put back on a OEM riser bc the previous owner had a 6 inch and put the cable to spec. Moving into fall 2021, getting the sleds ready, we rode it around a little bit with no issues. I think I am in the clear with this snowmobile right?
Yesterday we got a big snowstorm. I rode it behind the house in a field. Bogged a little bit sometimes but would never die. I hope this is because the plugs are a little bad. (Last year the main harness was loose and caused it to run rich- yes I will get new plugs). I got it out in the trails and it ran great with a little bit of bogging with wot. I'd like to mention that is was barely touching 8k rpms and hitting limiter. I just changed sliders, so track may be off and clutch deflection may be off.
I thought I was in the clear until I stopped in a parking lot after 2 hours of riding. After getting going again, in about half a mile it quit about 50 times. Its so strange to me that it didn't die all day then started doing it so badly.
Im not sure what to do at this point. I ordered a new throttle block and Im going to get new spark plugs just for the heck of it. Sorry for the information overload but any insight could help. Thank you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Might be worthwhile to check your TPS base and idle values are in spec. Just did mine since I could not get rpm. Also, I had a random power loss issue issue I solved with new plug boots.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Might be worthwhile to check your TPS base and idle values are in spec. Just did mine since I could not get rpm. Also, I had a random power loss issue issue I solved with new plug boots.
How did you come to the conclusion that your boots were bad?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts