Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ol' ZR600 EFI has been tore apart for two years now and finally the 144" conversion kit all buttoned up at 4 PM today. Took it for a 17 mile shakedown spin today on the trails and love the way the longer track handles the whoops and the 1.25" Predator track has great traction at WOT.

If you've got a ZR and have thought about doing a stretch - Do not hesitate; do it! :hug:

[attachment=405808:Dsc00451a.jpg]

[attachment=405809:Dsc00450a.jpg]

[attachment=405810:Dsc00452a.jpg]

[attachment=405812:Dsc00448a.jpg]

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Long tracks are not a chore on tight trails; with the 144 and modified tighter-turning spindles it handles even better than with the 121.

Turning around isn't a problem either - It's called reverse.

Short tracks are only good for top speed lake racing.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thats a great looking sled! Looks like all the work payed off.

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
Very nice! Good to see it's back on the snow, it would be a shame to see that sled sit up on the stand another year haha. I bet the handling is better because with the longer rails, the sled sits tilted more forward and there's more ski pressure.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Very nice! Good to see it's back on the snow, it would be a shame to see that sled sit up on the stand another year haha. I bet the handling is better because with the longer rails, the sled sits tilted more forward and there's more ski pressure.[/b]

·
Registered
64 Posts
WOW THE SLED LOOKS GREAT...I LIKE THE NEW CROSS FIRE BUT THE PRICE IS A BIT STEEP...AND YOU SAID IT STILL HANDLES GREAT ON THE TIGHT TRAILS? WOULD LOVE TO KNOW HOW I WOULD GET IT DONE...AND HOW MUCH DID IT COST?...WOULD IT BE POSSIBLE TO FIND OUT EXACTLY WHAT I WOULD NEED TO DOO THIS...THANKS

·
Registered
725 Posts
Do you find that the 600 has enough power/doesn't strain to spin the 144 ? I'm considering extending mine, I don't want to go 144, but a 136 would suit my needs quite fine.

I'm guessing you had to change your gearing and/or drivers to compensate for the extension?

Also, how much does the tunnel extension cost ?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Do you find that the 600 has enough power/doesn't strain to spin the 144 ? I'm considering extending mine, I don't want to go 144, but a 136 would suit my needs quite fine.

I'm guessing you had to change your gearing and/or drivers to compensate for the extension?

Also, how much does the tunnel extension cost ?[/b]
Saberkitty, that sled looks great!!!

Not trying to hijack the post but my 02 ZL600 SS with the 136" extension actually runs better now than it ever did as a 121. Much more traction and a better ride, low & midrange power is great. I have yet to top it out but have seen over 90 mph on the gps. No gearing or driver changes on my end, just clutching.

Tracks USA sells the 121 to 136 tunnel extension for around $115.00

·
Registered
725 Posts
My last ride this season I burried my ZR (121) right to the handle bars, it was pretty bad, since then I have been debating on the whole extension idea.
I would need a 136" track, rail extensions, new slides, tunnel extension, possible a gear/clutch change.. anything else?
Any rough estimates on how much in general this conversion will cost?

Sorry to intrude on your topic SaberKitty :bowdown:

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
My last ride this season I burried my ZR (121) right to the handle bars, it was pretty bad, since then I have been debating on the whole extension idea.
I would need a 136" track, rail extensions, new slides, tunnel extension, possible a gear/clutch change.. anything else?
Any rough estimates on how much in general this conversion will cost?

Sorry to intrude on your topic SaberKitty :bowdown:[/b]
BEst place to get everything needed is from Tracks USA. VERY helpful, has everything in stock. Give them a call or look at their website for correct pricing. www.tracksusa.com
Personally, I went with the offset rail extension to add a set of 8" rear idlers. VERY please with the project. VERY simple to do.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Did you extend your coolers or put in longer ones? If not does the sled overheat or are there any other problems?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts