Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the slider switch for the hand warmer and thumb warmer should be separated. One switch on the throttle side the other on the brake side- both within reach of your thumb. At the very least, return to the rocker switch on both sides ( the old design )

I am still undecided on the high beam switch on the brake handle. There were times this season that I inadvertantly switched the high beam on the rider in front of me at night. He pulled over thinking I had a problem. I also fumbled quite often trying to dim the high beams to oncoming sleds.

What does everyone think?

Time to let AC know ;)

·
Registered
978 Posts
i think the relocating of the hand/thumbwarmer switches to the brake hand would be great, seeing that u use ur thumb for the throttle and for the switches when ur brake thumbs just sittin there waiting for action...

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I want a switch for my high beams, that brake lever actuation is dumb.

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
After getting use to them I like the high beam, bar and thumb warmers better on the Firecats than the old style.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Having a new Ski-Doo and a new Cat, I find the rocker switches on the left side ala SkiDoo to be ten times more convenient and easier to oeprate than my Cat. And count me in as one who doesn't like Cat's new high beam switch in the brake handle.
mike

·
Registered
443 Posts
I agree with ZL SS. The hand warmer switch would be better on the left side. It's difficult to find the switchs and setting them with out stopping. especially in the rough stuff. The headlight dimmer is just plan stupid. How the hell are you supposed to dimm the light and apply the brakes. Did AC even ride these things before giveing them to us ginnepigs. Now I'm in a better situation then some of you because I ride a zr900 not a firecat. But I have only owned arctic cats and I can see that the arctic cat has gone way down hill with the quallity of their products. For the first time in my snowmobiling. I have considered switching to another brand. I have had problems with my sled that just shouldn't have been. I think that AC was in such a big hurry to relase these sleds to answer the release of the rave that they forgot the most inportant thing. Customer satifacton. If it were not for all the dealers out there that do there best to help us cosumers that Arctic cat would be loseing a great deal more customers. Talk to the dealers and you will find that they are not happy with AC either. Their customers are inportant to most of them and AC is threating that secureity for them because of the lack in build quality. I think that AC should step up to the plate and do something to instill trust again with their consumers that bought the 2003 fire cats (like exstended warrenty) After reading all the post and talking with people on the trail I think AC hosed alot of people. This is just my two cents but I feel very strong on this issue.

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had not thought about relocating both switches for the warmers to the brake side, but it makes sense. Most times I made the adjustment with my left hand anyway. Adjustments at night while riding were out of the question. How about it AC- backlighting the switches at least?

Turborider:
If you think AC has gone downhill and lost touch with their customers and dealers , you haven't spoken to any Polaris owners yet. :p Latest issue of Snow Tech reports Ski-Doo as #1 in sales this year but the Arctic Cat Firecat F7 as the single sled sales leader. Polaris slipped to #3 in a hurry :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,765 Posts
i like where they are.......
i just wish i could see them at night.
i hit the wrong one all the time.
if they just had some little light's,
to let you know what one you are,
adjusting and how much.as far as the brake,
lever for the high&low beam's.
i like it. (great idea) B)

·
Registered
339 Posts
HEY ARCTIC CAT THE SWITCHES ARE JUST FIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I HAVE NO PROBLEM USING THE BRIGHT SWITCH OR HAND AND THUMB WARMER SWITCHES AT ANY TIME.
IN FACT THE BRIGHT SWITCH WORKS PERFECT!!!!!!

WHAT WE HAVE HERE ARE A BUNCH OF PEOPLE THAT SHOULD OWN A ZL INSTEAD OF A HIGH PERFORMANCE SNOWMOBILE. THEY NOW WANT YOU ADD MORE PARTS SO IN THE FALL THEY CAN BITCH ABOUT 5 EXTRA POUNDS ADDED TO THE MACHINE.

ALSO, IF MORE PEOPLE WOULD HAVE DROVE THAT MACHINE LIKE IT WAS DESIGNED TOO (ON THE GAS) THE ENGINE PROBLEM, WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN SUCH A PROBLEM. BUT INSTEAD, THEY CRUISE THE TRAIL AT A CONSTANT SLOW PACE AND THEREFORE BURN UP A VERY HIGH PERFORMANCE ENGINE, THAT WAS JUST BEGGING TO BE BEAT ON.

PLEASE DO NOT DETUNE UPCOMING FIRECATS, DUE TO SLOWER RIDERS, JUST TRY AND MARKET THEM INTO ANOTHER SLED. THERE ARE RIDERS OUT THERE THAT BUY A HIGH PERFORMANCE SNOWMOBILE BECAUSE IT MATCHES THEIR RIDING ABILITY.

SORRY FOR YELLING AND STAY GREEN.

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cage- I think you missed the point son :unsure:

I would like to have the warmer switches moved to the brake side so I can stay on the throttle.
I would like the high beam switch like it used to be (button style) so I can use my thumb instead of my index (or brake) finger.

This ZL is on the throttle hard and often. The grips get hot from time to time and I would like to turn them down without slowing down.

Don't shout and don't sterotype <_<

·
Registered
232 Posts
hey arctic cat i would like to use my handwarmer switches but my had warmers are always broken, but i do like the headlight switch, but i dont ride at night i dont want to die from a drunk driver

·
Premium Member
4,428 Posts
putting the switches to the left side would add more parts (weight). There isnt any area to put them in the current setup.
You dont adjust constantly, do you?. They arent in the ideal spot but big deal. They are bigger bugs to work out.

Pat

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
Just loosen the two screws that hold it to the bar and move the whole switch assembly over . I moved mine day 1 right next to the riser block.

·
Premium Member
13,949 Posts
I am working on a conversion kit to move the warmer switches over to the right side and keep the kill where it is maybe in a more stream line housing, the most difficult part is matching the stock material, If enough people are interested in shelling out $20 for the kit I can post pics in a week or two when the protos are done.

Krom

·
Registered
198 Posts
The switches belong on the left. Should you have to stop every time you want to adjust the warmers? Check this senario: your riding along on a railbed in the middle of a group of fast riders, very cold, much snowdust, your hands are cold, so do you take your thumb off the throttle to adjust the warmer? Well, look at it this way, you'll have lots of help because all the riders behind you will be on the seat with you to help. Its really just common sense. A fighter pilot doesn't have to take his hand off the joystick to make adjustments, they are set for the other hand. Come on AC.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Originally posted by zl5600@Apr 5 2003, 02:25 AM
Just do it on a straight away. Not that hard to do. Not even close to rocket science!
Its not rocket science to put them where they should be either! Its called common sense.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
i rode all season with out a problem with the warmer swiches but i guess it might be better on the left as for the light lever i think its great much easier. if any thing should be changed AC should put the key back on the other side. maybe im the only one but the key on the left is confusing even after a season of riding

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
by the quality of these switches they won,t be lasting as long as the other ones (cheap on cats part ) too flimsy other oem,s are more quality and durable why does cat go for the little things to improve on and leave the real important ones for us to live with (top bearing ,seal oil pumps ,on and on )they were a head of the game when they came out with the rockers back in 98 why they changed ??? who know,s

1 - 20 of 22 Posts