Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
F7 SnoPro just died as I was leaving to enjoy all the freshies in Chittenden VT. I think its the smart valve but I'm not sure. Used Rob wire reversal trick and she finally started enough to get her loaded back on the trailer. She was smokin like crazy and would die out if I gave her to much gas.
Anyone got any ideas?
My buddies just got back home and said there 2 to 3 feet in places out there. Here I am no sled. I'm PISSED! :angry: :angry: :angry:

·
Registered
516 Posts
How many miles do you have on er?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have 260 on the sled. I did change the plugs, but that didn't make a difference. I just dropped it off at the dealers back door. I'll call him at opening bell in the morning. All I know is this is vacation week with the best christmas snow in years and no sled! ^&*^%$&#*&%$^#^!!!!

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
It sucks to be You!!! It also sucks to be Us! Running sleds No snow!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Originally posted by skikvt@Dec 26 2002, 01:49 AM
I have 260 on the sled. I did change the plugs, but that didn't make a difference. I just dropped it off at the dealers back door. I'll call him at opening bell in the morning. All I know is this is vacation week with the best christmas snow in years and no sled! ^&*^%$&#*&%$^#^!!!!
sorry to hear that :( let us know what you find out!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oops!
First the good news.. my sled is back running like a top! :) :)
I filled up at a friends house and didn't realize he stored his diesel fuel for the tractor right next to the fuel for the snowmobiles...both in red cans! Well I grabbed a 5 gallon can of diesel fuel and proceeded to top off my tank. I drove it for a few minutes and that when she died. Boy, do I feel stupid! The boys in the shop have nicknamed me "Diesel Deane". :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
hey silk i heard kingdom kat in island pond has had 8 f-7's with blown engines. Hope it's not the case with yours! My buddy ran his outta gas and now it starts up but only runs for 5 seconds then dies.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I can't understand how anybody can not smell the difference when putting diesel in a sled! How many people on this board have admitted to doing this! Wake Up!!!!!

·
Registered
574 Posts
I read a post about a month ago where a guy, can't remember who, actually topped off from the pump!

Never mind the smell or the blue handle! :huh:

Hey here's an open pump, must be my lucky day :lol:

Glad to hear your back to business! I'll bet that won't happen again.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Diesel does have a pretty distinct smell and color and it's not anything like gasoline. Are the spark plugs you put in for the right sled? :lol:
Come on guys, every action has a reaction lets use some brain power before we act. Our dealers have enough to deal with, they don't need to be laughing about some guy putting diesel in his snowmobile.
Just my opinion though.

·
Registered
827 Posts
damn at least blame someone else,oh well you must be honest and trustworthy to admit your mistakes with the truth,,lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts