Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 98 powder special 600efi has just spun the threaded stub end off of the flywheel side of the engine. Stopped on the trail and when I hit the gas to go it backfired and quit. After some searching and pulling off the recoil, the flywheel fell out. The woodruff key had sheared itself and then twisted the threads off. This is the second crank in this thing because last year I had to put a new one in after the original split in half. When that happened it wrecked one of the cyls. So that was a pricey fix. Earlier this year one of the piston pin needle bearings shattered and took out the other cyl. I am very much considering giving up the sport I love because I cannot afford to keep putting this much money into a hobby!! I have only had one sled that never blew up and cost me a small fortune and that was a 95zrt 800, and that is out of 7 sleds!

·
Registered
72 Posts
98 and 99 600 twins are known for that compare it to a 2000 and you will see the difference,the block was built alot stronger.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dave cat7, someone has to buy up the used machines that everyone sells to go out and buy their brand new stuff!! Cat should remember this, because if it weren't for guys like myself, no one could ever afford to buy a new sled every year because they would still have their year old model. So Cat should look at putting a little more durability into these things so that the used stuff that is out there would be much easier to sell!! They have to start making sleds that will hold together for more than just the length of warranty that is on them. Remember, just because my pockets aren't as deep as everyone elses, doesn't mean that I am any less a snowmobiler!! These companies thrive on someone buying used machines, because they were new at one time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts