Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about getting D&D twin pipes for my sled. but i do alot of trail riding and have heard that you dont want twins for trail riding. i was woundering what is your guys experience with twin pipes and how do they work on the trail and how they work overall. i still do lake riding and drag racing with my friends but the majority of the time its trail riding.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have dd twins and love them I trail ride all the time with them. you will loose some bottom end but who rides their anyways? if you ride that slow get a smaller sled. They make more power then single pipes so that is another reason to get them. but that is just my opinion. Tim

·
Registered
507 Posts
Tried them a couple years ago and hated them.So I tried them again this year and guess what I still hated them.Slow learner I guess.They are a little faster for drag racing but you give up way to much snap on the low end for trail riding in my opinion.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I ride a good bit of tight twisty woods trails with slp twins and have plenty of low end, plus they pull hard when you open it up. Twins do take more work at getting them clutched right, i like the adjustable weights the best so you can tune to the power. With the standard weights they might be the right weight to give you max rpm's but too heavy for the bottom or mid range and makes the pipes seem boggy. If you don't have the time or experience with clutching the single will be the easiest, but if you enjoy tweaking your sled the twins are great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.