Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for a how to clutch bookwhen I seen these twin pipes at. Click here: Aaen Performance - Arctic Cat : Snowmobile Power Pipes. they clame a 12 HP gain.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont no, But did e-mail them asking them if had to make any change to my sled, I will post what they say when get it.

Rich

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok they got back to me wit this.

Subj: Re: F7 Twin pipes
Date: 12/10/2002 12:09:43 PM Eastern Standard Time
To: [email protected]
Sent from the Internet (Details)

Hi Rich, We haven't started development work on the F7 yet, we are still working on the 900 Cat. F7 is next. We should know something in 3 weeks on the F7.
----- Original Message ----- ....

Ok if that is true how do they no it will be a 12 hp gain?

Rich

·
Registered
720 Posts
Considering that they have a web page that lists all the stats and specs for these products, and they haven't even started the R&D yet?
That seems really odd to me and I would hesitate buying from them, personally.

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Originally posted by SabercattF7@Dec 10 2002, 12:14 PM
Ok if that is true how do they no it will be a 12 hp gain?

Rich
I was just about to ask the same thing! I hate companies that do this sort of figuring. They must be the company that weighs all the sleds!!!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Black magic has twin pipes for f7, requires removing efi system and putting on carbs
why in the heck would you do that for realistly probally only 10 h.p.?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
If you wanted to mod your sled out, you should have gotten an F5 and dropped a wicked big bore in it. EFI's were not meant to be modded- their fuel delivery system is fixed and can't be "reprogrammed" with a new chip like the pre 2000 model EFI's. Don't mess with the twins, IMHO, or you're just asking for a burn down. Just my .02.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Tony,

How did the grass drags go?? Didn't make it up there!!!! Heard that there were a few f7's getting beat by a 700 Renegade. But then they said that a couple ran really well too!!!!

Chad

·
Registered
477 Posts
So they are gonna develop and fine tune pipes for the F7 in three weeks flat including the time it takes to finish off the 900. They just want a piece of the pie and are not even Cat experts. If you absolutely must pipe this thing (which I wouldn't) go with someone who has put some time on this motor like Speedwerx or D&D or even BM (which I don't recommend either, I just put that in there for 5B) :p

·
Registered
841 Posts
My friend is a mechanic at the dealership and he just got back from thief river service school and cat told him that they have the best pipe in stock form.........I would have to say BS to all claims of a better pipe for the F7......

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
WOW, resurecting a SIX YEAR OLD THREAD??????????? you in a time warp there trimer????????[/b]
man i was just reading along going "what the hell are these people talking about they have been out for a while now?" then i got to the bottom and realized that this is an old ass post.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts